Bluff Kingy

mark84

went to the spit and around seaforth bluff caught 1 just legal king got absolutely smoked by another using 30lb fireline 50lb fluro trace just about spooled till i used my hand to palm it like an alvey i reckon it was a biig king also caught a frigate mack was wondering if anyone can tell me the best way to prep for bait i was gonna salt it any suggestions. All were caught trolling

went to the spit and around seaforth bluff caught 1 just legal king got absolutely smoked by another using 30lb fireline 50lb fluro trace just about spooled till i used my hand to palm it like an alvey i reckon it was a biig king also caught a frigate mack was wondering if anyone can tell me the best way to prep for bait i was gonna salt it any suggestions. All were caught trolling

Hi MARK, sounds like you lost your self a decent fish there.

Mate im no expert when it comes to fishing as you can see by my reports.

With the mac, I would fillet it and salt the fillets whole in a snap lock freezer bag, try to get a big enough vaccumn bag so you dont have to fold the fillet.

Place one fillet per bag seal up and lay them flat in your freezer.

I would also keep the fish frame and guts and use this as burley on your next trip.

The head can also be spilt down the middle giving two pieces ( an eye on each), this can also be used a good size bait.

Good luck mate,

were you fishing off a boat and what day and time did you get smoked.

Twin 1. :1yikes:

Edited by twin1

Small cubes of salted frigate mack are my favourite bream bait to fish in close to the washes by boat or off the rocks.Lay the fillets on a few sheets of newspaper,skin side down & salt the flesh side of the fish with

rock salt,leave in fridge for a couple of days then you can freeze them.Will last you for 5 months as a top

bait.

Steve

If you go to the articles section of this site there is an excellent piece on salting bait that was written by Ken Alexander. I have tried this method with success - it is very similar to that described by Nexus. Take note of the advice on removal of as much air as is possible.

cheers

Kel

Edited by kel

Hi MARK, sounds like you lost your self a decent fish there.

Mate im no expert when it comes to fishing as you can see by my reports.

With the mac, I would fillet it and salt the fillets whole in a snap lock freezer bag, try to get a big enough vaccumn bag so you dont have to fold the fillet.

Place one fillet per bag seal up and lay them flat in your freezer.

I would also keep the fish frame and guts and use this as burley on your next trip.

The head can also be spilt down the middle giving two pieces ( an eye on each), this can also be used a good size bait.

Good luck mate,

were you fishing off a boat and what day and time did you get smoked.

Twin 1. :1yikes:

middle of the day and i was in my tinny cheers