Bateman's Bay Snapper?

bluewater188

Hi All,

Can anyone help with some decent Snapper spots around the Batemans Bay area? We were up around Durras in the boat last weekend and tried a heap of random spots with no success at all. Grateful for any advice/GPS points/Directions?

Cheers

Nige

hi mate

I was up at durras last weekend we usely anchor up and burley it is the best way to catch snapper

last week end was quite we did not get any snapper but did get 2 kings which were both 68cm

a few weeks ago we got 6 snapper 2 were 3kg each and the others were 1.5 kg so the fish are there but

dont bite all the time it is all about putting the time and finding the best tides and spots

I did notice that last weeked the current was coming from the south and the water was a dirty green colour

which will put them off sometimes

cheers scott

Also meant to add that if you are down here sometime let me know and if I am not working I can take you out and show you some spots the easter period is no good for me as I will be working but after that it should be all good

cheers scott

hi mate

I was up at durras last weekend we usely anchor up and burley it is the best way to catch snapper

last week end was quite we did not get any snapper but did get 2 kings which were both 68cm

a few weeks ago we got 6 snapper 2 were 3kg each and the others were 1.5 kg so the fish are there but

dont bite all the time it is all about putting the time and finding the best tides and spots

I did notice that last weeked the current was coming from the south and the water was a dirty green colour

which will put them off sometimes

cheers scott

Also meant to add that if you are down here sometime let me know and if I am not working I can take you out and show you some spots the easter period is no good for me as I will be working but after that it should be all good

cheers scott

Thanks Scott,

I will try a session on the anchor and see how we go, Swell permitting! We had some good hook ups on Kingys on the Saturday out of Moruya. The ones that got on board were around the 55cm mark, but I got them on a baitcaster as they followed one of our bottom rigs up with a fish on. Bags of fun on light stuff! The good lady got carted twice on a bottom rig that had a whole (20cm) squid. No idea what they were though, but the Kingys were about at the time. Suspect it was probably a shark as it just took off and didn't stop. $50 worth of braid says I will teach her some better technique on playing fish. FYI -we were about 1km off shore and in line with the small headland in between South Head and Congo.

I will give you a call if we are down there after Easter.

Many thanks mate. :thumbup: