Reel For Squid And Bream Fishing

jlloyd

I recently purchased a Shakespeare synergy rod 6-12 pd 6'6' and looking at options for a reel to $100. Aiming for say 8 pound mono with the aim being for bait fishing, squid jigging and occasional bream, flattie etc session. I have a limited budget so under the budget is better than over.

Thanks

With that buget I would look at Daiwa Exceler mate.

New super smooth hard Bodz spinning reel from Daiwa. Features aluminium body, spool and matching handle for strength and rigidity. Infinite anti reverse, and digigear drive system which insures perfect meshing of the gears. Six ball bearings {2CRBB} plus one roller bearing. Comes with free aluminium spool.

Options:

Model Ratio Capacity

EX1500 4.7-1 130yds/6lb

Price:

$99.00

Pm sent as well.

Thanks for that, my experience is limited to Penn (lots of reels and rods) and a little bit of shakespeare (rod and reel separately) I have no qualms with either even the cheap Penn reels hold up quite well (2 years and counting touch wood) but this outfit will be my most used outfit and might even use it for SP if I get around to it so I plan to get something a little lighter and durable that a penn 3 BB outfit.