Landbased

Luke1

Hey Raiders.

Im a bit keen on going fishing on my school holidays, because im only in highschool, but i'd love to go do some Beach Fishing, and would love to have a guarantee catch, no mater what it is. I just wanna know some good spots or places close to your "Secret Spots" to go for some beach fishing that are around the Sydney area. And also to know what sort of rigs and what not to use.

Thanks.

-Luke1

hey mate if i were you id post this in the General fishing topic of the forum as you will most likely get more replys from there.

When i started beach fishing i just used a simple 3 Gang hook rigs (gang hook size 4 i think) with a full pilchard and got into some tailor off the beach, tailor are good fun and relatively easy to catch.

One thing i will suggest u look into is in your local tackle store you might be able to find Sure catch Pre set up rigs, they are in a little packet about 10cm by 10cm and contain 1 Gang hook rig, they are easy and that way u dont have to spend 20 bucks on leader line. They used to cost me 3 bucks each before i started to buy my own gear.

Cheers

Cory

hey mate if i were you id post this in the General fishing topic of the forum as you will most likely get more replys from there.

When i started beach fishing i just used a simple 3 Gang hook rigs (gang hook size 4 i think) with a full pilchard and got into some tailor off the beach, tailor are good fun and relatively easy to catch.

One thing i will suggest u look into is in your local tackle store you might be able to find Sure catch Pre set up rigs, they are in a little packet about 10cm by 10cm and contain 1 Gang hook rig, they are easy and that way u dont have to spend 20 bucks on leader line. They used to cost me 3 bucks each before i started to buy my own gear.

Cheers

Cory

ohk, thanks a lot mate :)

• 2 weeks later...

k, always love the occasional flatty

if u can wade through all the crowd cronulla goes alright for a feed of whiting although its starting tio gfet to the end of the season.

best bet for baitr is as aforementioned ganged pillies always a goer or some worms rigged on smaller long shanks but if the tailor and salmon rock up whip out the heavier oleaders or it will be all over red rover me and a mate spent a session up in newy a while back where we had planned to walk the flats and it wasnt happening so we headed out the break wall at swansee and without some of our heavier gear we ended up with 16 hookups in half an hour with 12 bnustoffs from the teeth fishing 6lb not the smartest idea but sure was fun neways boys all the best and will be watching this thread seeing what some of the other older boys reckon...

tite lines

bass_beginner