Monday Kings

Spanker

Hi Fishraiders,

A mate and I, very much ametuers, have been on a year long quest to get into the mighty kingfish. We have been out 3 times in his tinnie on the harbour with no success.

YESTERDAY I BROKE MY CHERRY!!!!!!!!!!!! :1prop:

Yes it was everything I hoped and more, great 3 minute fight to land a 60cm model, very happy to send him back to fight another day. Caught on live yakka in 8m of water neat watsons bay - stoked!

However we saw another boat absolutely kill it. They were throwing in freshly caught squid heads dipped in squid ink. They were right next to a channel marker in about 15m. They had the rod loaded with 60lb braid and were arm wresting in king after king - amazing! They had a full esky with 70's, 80's and 90's. Numerous boats had more or less stopped fishing, just watching these guys muscle up massive kings or lose the batlte with a spetacular snap.

Dont know who they were but they gave us plenty of tips and even threw us one to eat, champions!

Now all I want is another one! Long live the king(s)!

Spanker

Congrats on the first kingie, the first one is always the most memorable, hopefully now you will get plenty more, regardless of what size kings are they sure can pull. But unfortunately the addiction usually kicks after the fish and you'll soon be feeling itchy for tangling with more kings.

Cheers,

Sz

However we saw another boat absolutely kill it. They were throwing in freshly caught squid heads dipped in squid ink. They were right next to a channel marker in about 15m. They had the rod loaded with 60lb braid and were arm wresting in king after king - amazing! They had a full esky with 70's, 80's and 90's. Numerous boats had more or less stopped fishing, just watching these guys muscle up massive kings or lose the batlte with a spetacular snap.

Dont know who they were but they gave us plenty of tips and even threw us one to eat, champions!

Now all I want is another one! Long live the king(s)!

Spanker

Spanker,

I know who they are. If they were in an Old Yellow boat, that would have been Cephalopod, his younger brother Nick Bottle Squid, and his brother in law Bazza Cuttlefish.

They are the blokes that have very understanding wives, do not have jobs (but they have all the best gear in the world) and spend their days dreaming and chasing hoodlum kings in Sydney Harbour. :1prop:

Wot do you mean have no jobs and spend all day dreaming of and catching big kings? What fantasy is this and how do I participate? :tease:

Cephalapod - that was you? Mate we were in awe, made it look soooo easy! You guys should film some footage or something.

Yeah here here Spanker, watching those guys was better than any TV fishing show I've seen. It was pure sport fishing at its best. Battling to stop them big fellas from getting into the snags. Thanks fellas for the king - you made our day!! (Spanker had his day made twice)

Yeah here here Spanker, watching those guys was better than any TV fishing show I've seen. It was pure sport fishing at its best. Battling to stop them big fellas from getting into the snags. Thanks fellas for the king - you made our day!! (Spanker had his day made twice)

Guys, can you please immediately stop all of this Cephalopod public adulation. The next thing we'll hear is that Ceph, Bottle Squid and Cuttlefish will be pitching to theTV networks for their own fishing show...

That would be "b-dear b-dear, thank your mother for the rabbits, thats all folks" in my mind

Guys, can you please immediately stop all of this Cephalopod public adulation. The next thing we'll hear is that Ceph, Bottle Squid and Cuttlefish will be pitching to theTV networks for their own fishing show...

That would be "b-dear b-dear, thank your mother for the rabbits, thats all folks" in my mind

Hahahaha :1prop: Credit where its due, credit where its due

Reality is I recommend to ALL my fishing buddies to join fishraider specifically because everyone makes an effort here to share the love, no dickheads allowed.

Love it!

Spanker