Stolen Fishing Gear - Getting Replaced.

Isabel Ciaramella

Hi fellow Raiders,

About a month ago i added a post titled - "stolen fishing gear, mongrels about".

Well today i can finally post the best news i've received in a LONG time. The insurance Gods have finally come through, and on saturday i will have brand new fishing gear back in my hot little hands - woo hoo :1prop:

So yep you've probably guessed it by now, rain, hail or shine i'm hitting the water this weekend and breaking in the gear.

Question for any Raiders that hit the bay and know it well - where to go??? What bait to use??? What can i expect this weekend???

Any hints or tips on where i can take my tinnie and break in the gear would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again for all the reply posts that offered support and advice, it meant a lot to me.

Ok that's if from me for the time being.

Keep up the fantastic posts and hopefully i will see you on the water some day soon.

Tight lines everyone.

:biggrin2::biggrin2:

Thatis good news all brand new gear , as for the fishing, go anywhere and make an adventure out of it .

Hope you get a few and take your digi camera with you..

Cheers..

The camera has definitely got an invitation to come along this weekend, fingers crossed I just get to use the damn thing though.

Either way, it’ll just be great getting back on the water. :thumbup::thumbup:

Good to hear that you had all your stolen gear replaced Tinnygirl, keep it safe and do what some of the other members do and keep it all in your lounge room ay and be sure to keep any water out of your reels and sponge everything down after use and finish your rods off with Armorall :thumbup:

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

Insurers will try and send you to their preferred store- often a chain store. If that doesn't suit you , you should ask to have the value credited at a store you want to spend your money at who will give you better value . The insurers often ask for 40% kickback from stores they use in other electronics products so often the store is not looking after you the best they should..

Edited by pelican

Congrats on the new gear and good luck breaking it in.

Just wondering, how do you insure fishing gear? I'm guessing you are able to claim it on your contents insurance? Do you need to provide receipts for all the missing gear?

Never had that problem and hopefully I never do but I don't have receipts for my gear so just curious as to how you went about it.

:1fishing1::1fishing1::beersmile::beersmile:

best of luck for the weekend.

Congrats on the new gear and good luck breaking it in.

Just wondering, how do you insure fishing gear? I'm guessing you are able to claim it on your contents insurance? Do you need to provide receipts for all the missing gear?

Never had that problem and hopefully I never do but I don't have receipts for my gear so just curious as to how you went about it.

:1fishing1::1fishing1::beersmile::beersmile:

best of luck for the weekend.

Hi Littlenoah

My contents insurance covered my gear lucky enough - phew...!

I was in the same position as yourself where i a had no receipts for my gear to be able to prove that the gear that was taken wad gear that i actually owned. Lucky enough, we've had all our insurance policies (9 in total) with the same insurer and only ever made 2 theft claims which i think really played in my favour. I did have a couple of left overs from the theft which i could show the insurance rep that the gear i had was not the+_+_) specials.

I didn't get absolutely everything back with y claim but to be honest, i was and am absolutely speachless with what they did approve.

I'm not contemplating insuring my fishing gear on another policy on its own, just to make sure that i am fully covered in the future.

Tighlines littlenoah :thumbup::thumbup:

Good news Tinnygirl. Should be some bargaining involved seeing that you are buying a fair amount of stuff. If i remember correctly you had a fair bit of stuff stolen. Maybe post some pictures of your new gear.

I did have a fair but of gear taken, but wasn't really given much of a choice with the replacement, but to be honest i'm just glad to be getting the same gear back.

Pictures will absolutely come as soon as i get my hands on the gear and not to mention have it all baptized with some salt water.

Tightlines

great news & good luck. which bay are you heading to?

Chris

I was hoping to hit Botany bay depending on the weather.

As far as insurance goes , record ALL serial numbers , model numbers and manufacturers.If you can take individual pics of your gear , you stand a lot less chance of a query of your claim.

Ross

Also worth marking or engraving in a discrete place so if it ever goes missing again and the million to one chance it is recobvered the scum might be caught. We have used for years our drivers lic and state letters engraved on good stuff and twice in 25 yearss we have had police return stole tools that we had long forgtten and the pleasure of one conviction. Bet that bloke never thought the shifter in his tool box would get him convicted 4 years after the break in for posession of stolen property

Datadots datadot DNA is also a very good product and one can can do a lot of household and prtable electronic stuff. Might not catch and convict a thief but a chance stuff will get returned.

Glad the insurers came to the party..

It is a con about the way they want you to replace gear but now it is approved don't be afraid to negotiate another shop or brand or just do it in store.

Edited by pelican