Jew Session In Hacking Tonight

wttmrwolf

Heading out landbased for a Jew session in the hacking tonight (Tues). I'll be at Lilli Pilly Baths or Wally's wharf.

If you are thinking of going for a fish there will be a fellow jewraider down there. Might go for some bream to pass the time. Last Thursday a guy caught 24 keeper bream in 4 hours.

I can check this thread on the jetty...

later :1fishing1:

edit: Winds WSW so I'll be at Wally's Wharf

Edited by wttmrwolf

Heading out landbased for a Jew session in the hacking tonight (Tues). I'll be at Lilli Pilly Baths or Wally's wharf.

If you are thinking of going for a fish there will be a fellow jewraider down there. Might go for some bream to pass the time. Last Thursday a guy caught 24 keeper bream in 4 hours.

I can check this thread on the jetty...

later :1fishing1:

edit: Winds WSW so I'll be at Wally's Wharf

what time u there to do u get a few jew at wallys been thinking of heading out either tomorrow or friday night just cruious is all what ur getting em on at wallys and if u have ne luck

Bingo!!!

I caught a 75cm Jew 4kg at Wally's Wharf. 2am on the runout tide.

Before everyone goes running down to the wharf a lot of theory went into tonight ;) Apparently there were over 15 people on the wharf last week so its harder than you think to get a line in the water.

Big THANKS to jewgaffer and tide'n'knots, it was the combined theories of these 2 legends that helped me land a Jew.

4th ever Jew session so it pays to listen to those guys, thats my tip anyway.

Photos coming soon.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz sleep time. Kids awake in 2 hours. :1prop:

.........edit: Winds WSW so I'll be at Wally's Wharf

Bingo!!!

........I caught a 75cm Jew 4kg at Wally's Wharf. 2am on the runout tide.

.........Photos coming soon.

Bingo allright!! Well done mate!!! That's a nice clean Hacking jew you've got there in the kitchen....... :thumbup:

Around midnight proved a good time to go out ay wttrmrwolf... Your 2am hook up would put the hook up time about an hour and a half into the run out tide and I'd say it was probably a national park cliff jew coming in with a school too.... also the moon was at a phase where I've found it to be generally quiet for other estuary fish but a good squid moon as is an ongoing wind from the south plus you get also get protection from southerlys in Burraneer and Gunnamatta bays as well ......

Mate you've do done a helluva good job going out at that time of night and coming back with a good size jew like that, and you sure waited for a night with a nice old barometer rise ay.... the rise included a short steady period during the early run in tide and a sharp rise while you were fishing on the run out tide .. Take a look at this rise from the weather station at Sutherland that I use for the whole Sydney area 1014 - 1022 :1yikes:....

These are the rising barometer pressure figures reading from right to left for the day including last night's figures up until around 6am this morning when the pressure steadys at its highest point i.e 1022 milibars :-

hPa 1022 1021 1020 1019 1018 1017 1016 1015 1014 :thumbup:

When you're not using the boat keep on fishing landbased the same way and you'll finish up being our man on the spot in the Hacking :yahoo:

It might be a good idea to try and get the report over into Fishing Reports as a new topic for everyone to read and perhaps a run down of the gear rigs and bait you used etc ay....

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

Edited by jewgaffer

Mate you've do done a helluva good job going out at that time of night and coming back with a good size jew like that, and you sure waited for a night with a nice old barometer rise ay.... the rise included a short steady period during the early run in tide and a sharp rise while you were fishing on the run out tide .. Take a look at this rise from the weather station at Sutherland that I use for the whole Sydney area 1014 - 1022 :1yikes:....

These are the rising barometer pressure figures reading from right to left for the day including last night's figures up until around 6am this morning when the pressure steadys at its highest point i.e 1022 milibars :-

hPa 1022 1021 1020 1019 1018 1017 1016 1015 1014 :thumbup:

You said it Jewgaffer. I was watching this all weekend and when I got home on tuesday looking at the weather intuition told me it was going to be a good night for fishing. I am fully onboard your theory of barometric pressure having a large impact on fishing.

I've been diving for years and I never knew what it was but some dives there was no fish life AT ALL. Ironically most diving occurs when its been sunny and windless for days on end. Go out for a dive when there is a break in the weather and its crazy down there.

I'll be testing this theory over the coming weeks to see if I can repeat my Jew catch. Targeting nights where the weather has just cleared after stong wind and rain. ie rise in barometer.

I'll keep you all posted.

Thanks again Jewgaffer.

PS posted in fishing reports.

wttmrwolf you were so positive when you posted that you were going out late for a jew session, it seemed you knew a good jew had to come out of it...As Jewhunter said in his reply to your official report tonight, you could have bagged out when the jew came in had you had a chance to have your rods in fighting gear, especially on those dead baits, these fish will even run off with heavy wights and wire rigs

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1: