Surf Rod Needed

jonno86

Hi,

I'm after a surf rod under 12ft/5-10kg that handles your usual beach species i.e. tailors, salmon etc... . Maximum budget will be $150

Regards,

Jonno

Always look for something light and has a good power at the butt end. Remember your gonna be holding and carrying this most of the time while your fishin.

PM sent

Always look for something light and has a good power at the butt end. Remember your gonna be holding and carrying this most of the time while your fishin.

PM sent

Wannafish & Jonno86

Beach fishing should not be that labour intensence. So i am going to let you in on a secret.

Go down to the mower shop in campbelltown and but a 1/3rd scale ocean racing boat (remote control )fitted with a small whipper snipper motor. Take it home and add a small pice of up right rod to it and attach a peg to this. Get a spare servo to opperate the peg. Take the boat, rod, rood holder and chair down to the beach.

Now place rod holder in sand then place rod in holder with bale arm open. Hook line onto the peg, put boat in water and drive out as far as you want. Then operate servo to let line out of peg flick bale arm over and continue to play with boat while sitting in chair.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Bob

Edited by aussie big bob

Bob thats a bloody good idea. Never thought of that.

Now Im thinking you could do some LANDBASED trolling as well with this idea. HEHEHE!!!

Edited by WANNAFISH

I was in the same predicament as you Jonno 2 months ago, then I went double over budget and got a daiwa sensor 12" with no regrets :)

Silstar crystal blue looked tempting though, my dad has one and it's still functional.

I was in the same predicament as you Jonno 2 months ago, then I went double over budget and got a daiwa sensor 12" with no regrets :)

Silstar crystal blue looked tempting though, my dad has one and it's still functional.

hey man i know youre looking at 150 but to be honest if your looking for quality that will mean you wont have to repurchase or replace a rod for a while a snyder glas option is definately a good goer 239 and u can get a rod that will do everything u ask of it and often more...there is something to be said for quality rods that have that sense of semi individuality take for example the fact that my old mans pig and groper rod for the trocks is 0over 40 years old and i stand by it there is nothing better for stopping a pig from getting back in its lil hiodey hole then it my advice

go higher than 150 and look for something better it willbe worth it in the long term

I played around with a Snyder Glas rod at the tackle store and boy are they heavy! The rod felt very solid and had nice flexibility at the tip and strength at the butt. I was almost going to buy it but damn it was heavy I couldn't see myself holding it all day.

It's cliche but true what bass_beginner said about investing in a good rod at the start. I have this other rod of some generic brand, bought it for $150 and at the time it felt so light compared to any other rod I had used... until I tried out the newer generation rods eek half the weight.

yeah you get used to the weight i fish off the beach with a couple of rods i have an older butterworth that does an amazing job but i have a softer and a slower tapered rod that is a late 70's i think jaervis walker port hacking and it is unbelieveable fishing whiting in the surf and have hammered a couple of solid tailor and salmon off the beachwith it it does the job...

furthermore i would like to add 2 things on this topic a if anyone has a heap of spare money save the snyder glas name and buy it because they arwe goin out of business at the end of the yer because they cant fuind someone to buy the neam

but as a further note to that bjuy your snyder glas blanks now because tyhey wont be able new for much longer.... i intend to buy 2 or 3 when i can scrape the cash togethe