Looking For Recommendations

daleyboy

Gday Folks,

I'm looking to purchase a new rod and reel in the next month opr two, mainly to be used for jigging knife jigs etc in water 100-150M deep, Id also like to be able to use it for livebaiting for big kingies and/or cubing for tuna.

I'll be loading the reel with 80lb braid and i'd like it to hold at least 200M ... and it has to be a spinning/threadline reel, as i find them much easier and more comfortable to reel in consistently.

Thanks in advance

Hi daleyboy, just give Pete at GoFish Dural a call, he will set you up with the best deals around, and as you are a member of Raiders, he will see you right and give you fantastic discounts. He is one of our major sponsors.

Cheers

Cath (Mrs Flightmanager)

Hi Mate,

For your budget you can look at the following reels and roods:

Reels:

- Shimano Spheros either 1200fa or 1400fa (old models but can be found for around $150 mark, spend $45 at Shimano to get the drag up grade) great work horse reel popular over in WA for sambo jigging (got one my self great reel can't fault it yet.

-shimano Spheros 1400FB or 1800FB (22lb drag out of the box around $280ish)

- Shimano Saragosa - 1800 (22lb out of the box with better looking spool and handle then Spheros 1800FB, upper calss model)

- Penn 850SS or 950ss, heavy but un breakable reels.

All the above reel can push 80lb braid no problems

As for Rod

- Shimano Jigwrex - PE6 or PE8 model will do nice (some specials going around for around $300)

- T Cruve Deep Jig 200 or 400, 400 is probaly better for the 80lb. (rough price around $280-$300)

- Daiwa Monster Mesh PE6 and PE8 model

- Daiwa Catalina - a little bit more but great stick

That's if your after spin model, you should be able to get a decent combo out of the above for around $600.

There is also heaps of options for over head if your after that.

As stated above mate give Pete at go fish a call he should be able to get all the above for you mate at Raider prices. Just some food for thought

Cheers,

SZ

Hi Mate,

For your budget you can look at the following reels and roods:

Reels:

- Shimano Spheros either 1200fa or 1400fa (old models but can be found for around $150 mark, spend $45 at Shimano to get the drag up grade) great work horse reel popular over in WA for sambo jigging (got one my self great reel can't fault it yet.

-shimano Spheros 1400FB or 1800FB (22lb drag out of the box around $280ish)

- Shimano Saragosa - 1800 (22lb out of the box with better looking spool and handle then Spheros 1800FB, upper calss model)

- Penn 850SS or 950ss, heavy but un breakable reels.

All the above reel can push 80lb braid no problems

As for Rod

- Shimano Jigwrex - PE6 or PE8 model will do nice (some specials going around for around $300)

- T Cruve Deep Jig 200 or 400, 400 is probaly better for the 80lb. (rough price around $280-$300)

- Daiwa Monster Mesh PE6 and PE8 model

- Daiwa Catalina - a little bit more but great stick

That's if your after spin model, you should be able to get a decent combo out of the above for around $600.

There is also heaps of options for over head if your after that.

As stated above mate give Pete at go fish a call he should be able to get all the above for you mate at Raider prices. Just some food for thought

Cheers,

SZ

Great response SZ, just what i was after :)

Thx heaps - and i'll definately give Pete a call when the purchase time arrives