Jew Session In The Hacking Early 8/5/09

wttmrwolf

Headed down to wally's wharf armed with a cordless drill and some new rod holders. Not going to give up a Jew because the reel isn't in gear ;)

It was dead, sat from 11pm to 2:30am with only 1 tiny squid which I used for livebait.

Yakka's had departed and no Jew action out wide. Not surprised there were no Jew around with the absence of live bait. I know if I was a big predator fish I wouldn't be hanging about.

In my opinion the barometer has been too stable for days. Any fish that was hungry has had its feed by now.

The guys next to me caught 1 numb ray, 1 crab and 1 octopus. The critters were definitely about.

Just thought I'd give you all an update on the Hacking.

Headed down to wally's wharf armed with a cordless drill and some new rod holders. Not going to give up a Jew because the reel isn't in gear ;)

It was dead, sat from 11pm to 2:30am with only 1 tiny squid which I used for livebait.

Yakka's had departed and no Jew action out wide. Not surprised there were no Jew around with the absence of live bait. I know if I was a big predator fish I wouldn't be hanging about.

In my opinion the barometer has been too stable for days. Any fish that was hungry has had its feed by now.

The guys next to me caught 1 numb ray, 1 crab and 1 octopus. The critters were definitely about.

Just thought I'd give you all an update on the Hacking.

i was out with jewfishking 2 nights ago on the georges, we managed 2 jewies, one 60cm and one 80 cm. they seemed to go on the bite agressively for a period of time then the action dies out completely.

i was out with jewfishking 2 nights ago on the georges, we managed 2 jewies, one 60cm and one 80 cm. they seemed to go on the bite agressively for a period of time then the action dies out completely.

Was that you that posted those 2 Jew pics. Very impressive. The tide and moon seemed right for Jew but the fish just weren't near Wally's. Might be easier with a boat but I just settled in for a few hours and couldn't be bothered moving. Do you remember what time the action started in the Georges? I'd be interested to hear what time they were active on your fishing trip.