First Trip On My Hobie Pro Angler

mako1

I had been looking for some time to get a kayak so that I can start to do some lure fishing for bream,flathead,whiting and jewies in the rivers and bays. I finally found one that I liked and one that I felt really comfortable in. I chose the Hobie Pro Angler. While not really a proper kayak, more of a cross between a boat and a kayak, it's just right for what I want to do with it.

I picked the PA up on Friday and got it ready for a trip at Picnic Point on the Georges River on Saturday morning.

The trip was mainly to get used to the pro angler but I did bring some rods and lures along.

The fishing was really quiet but I did have a good run on a lure while trolling past a drop off just past the bridge but it dropped off soon after.

I still managed a first fish for the PA.

post-2229-1241991472_thumb.jpg

I absolutely love the pro angler and I'm hoping to get out next weekend for a proper fishing session.

All I have to do is fit some rod holders and it’ll be ready to go.

Here are some pics.

Sorry not the best pics of the PA but I'll try and get some better ones on the water next weekend.

post-2229-1241991524_thumb.jpg

post-2229-1241991498_thumb.jpg

post-2229-1241991546_thumb.jpg

Gee mate that is a nice looking water craft, hope you get stuck into some fish with it , especially in the quiet back waters where you can sneak up on your prey, so roughly how much was your new toy..

Cheers..

Thanks for the replies.

I'm really happy with the Pro Angler so far.

I'll post some more pics when I get it on the water again.

Gee mate that is a nice looking water craft, hope you get stuck into some fish with it , especially in the quiet back waters where you can sneak up on your prey, so roughly how much was your new toy..

Cheers..

It was $3500.00.

It came pretty much set up for that price and it also included a sounder.

I feel it's a pretty good price as it's a lot of boat for your money and not only can you paddle and pedal it you can also plug a sail into it. If you need any more info let me know.

Nice Yak, can you pm me where you bought it and what she costs.

PM sent