Burrendong Dam

pappy

post-5916-1242553789_thumb.jpg

post-5916-1242553855_thumb.jpg

hi i fished burrendong dam today to see if the cold morning had stirred the cod up but i fished all day for no cod .but i did manage 3 yellowbelly and one carp so the day wasn't fish less hopefully with sum more frosts the big cod will come on .pappy

Used to live 20 ks from burrendong, nice yella glad to see its still fishing well. We used to fight between carp and redfin for the odd yella and cod. All good fun.

From memory the frosts should be arriving by now so good luck with the big fella cods.

Cheers

They do get big and put up a fight, we used to pull loads out of the cudgegong river.

In Mudgee there was a park that the river ran though known for the carp catches being left on the grassy river bank. They provided plenty of fun on light gear and great to get them out of our fresh water systems for benefit of native stocks.

The carp do seem slow but they go pretty good once hooked especially on light line.I sight fish for them in the shallows with soft plastics its top fun. And the yellow belly were taken on medium stump jumper in carp pattern and deception shrimp in crayfish pattern. Thanks for your replys Pappy..