Sydney Harbor Fad

Kiwi Dan

Hello all,

Just wondering if anybody knows whether or not the Sydney close FAD is still out there?

I went out today for my first time and couldnt find it. I went off the co ordinates on the fisheries website but no luck. Trolled around the area but still couldnt find anything.

Im hoping i never entered the co ordinates wrong and missed it completely!!

Any help is appreciated.

Hey Dan, I was there on Friday. Unless the big westerlies has picked it up and sent it further to sea?? It was definately there on Friday.

http://fishraider.com.au/Invision/index.php?showtopic=40776

Hi Billy

It was your post along with many others that were my inspiration to head out to the fads. Ive just checked my GPS unit this morning and the fisheries website and ive entered 1 digit in the co ordinates wrong :1badmood::05: .

If anyone can confirm for me if the Sydney FAD is still out there since Billy saw it Friday it would be much appreciated. The :wife: and I are on holidays for a week, im going to see if i can swindle an early morning FADS session tomorrow or Wednesday, would be good to know it was still where it should be before hand.

Thanks all.

Gday Dan,

We went out yesterday and the fad was still out there no dollies water temp was down at 21.2 degrees , did manage a few Stripies and a just under sized kingy there though

Fisho5

Thanks mate, ill give it a shot in the morning.

Out of interest what kind of boat were you in?

Were you out there with another bloke with a sea anchor out?

We trolled past not far from you if it was you. I was in a centre console dehaviland with another mate.

How did you go Dan?

How did you go Dan?

Unfortunately didnt make it Billy.

I got within 2km and decided to pull the pin and head back inside. Unfortunately the swell was digging in and I thought safety first. I probably should have turned back from about 4km but the urge to catch a dollie had me thinking give it a little bit longer!!

In the end I came back inside and picked up half a dozen kings so all wasnt lost.

Ill get there - Eventually.

Sorry my turn to ask a dumb question or two. What does it look like? Is it under water, or does it sit on top of the water? How big is it? How could it go 'further into the sea' - isn't it anchored? Does anyone have a photo of it? I feel like a UFO hunter... ;-)

Sorry my turn to ask a dumb question or two. What does it look like? Is it under water, or does it sit on top of the water? How big is it? How could it go 'further into the sea' - isn't it anchored? Does anyone have a photo of it? I feel like a UFO hunter... ;-)

Have a read through these links mate

http://www.dpi.nsw.gov.au/fisheries/recrea.../saltwater/fads

Were you out there with another bloke with a sea anchor out?

We trolled past not far from you if it was you. I was in a centre console dehaviland with another mate.

That sounds like us mate we were a couple k off bluefish pt for most of the day