What Type Of Rod, Plus

HAWKSBURY BUOY

Was given a lot of fishing gear and a few large telescopic fishing rod 5.3 mtrs in length

made by gamakatsu?? or special most in japanese looked in google only can find

japanese spinning rod anyone know what it can be used for here or used them befor???

Picture of rod is similar off internet seat is off my rod

Also some type of floats that are weighted never seen before

post-607-1243174306_thumb.jpg

post-607-1243173939_thumb.jpg

post-607-1243174348_thumb.jpg

post-607-1243174321_thumb.jpg

post-607-1243174453_thumb.jpg

G'day Hawkesbury Buoy,

I'm not sure what the long rod would be used for here... maybe it's an Ayu rod ??(Ayu are a tiny fish that the Japanese go nuts for, and fish for using a very particular technique involving live bait and very long rods).

If the reel is anything to go by, the rod is likely to be top quality. I wish someone would give me a Stella... top of the line Shimano gear and worth a packet.

Cheers, Slinky

G'day Hawkesbury Buoy,

I'm not sure what the long rod would be used for here... maybe it's an Ayu rod ??(Ayu are a tiny fish that the Japanese go nuts for, and fish for using a very particular technique involving live bait and very long rods).

If the reel is anything to go by, the rod is likely to be top quality. I wish someone would give me a Stella... top of the line Shimano gear and worth a packet.

Cheers, Slinky

Thanks for the reply Slinky yeah wish the reel was a 6-8000 model :( rod has got me stuffed as the tip is so thin about the size of a needle, was wondering about using it in oyster leases and just drop the bait between the racks and just lift them out or maybe for fly fishing can just drop the fly on a fish without a cast or splash got me thinking now. You dont know what the floats or sinkers are ???

Also for the rod says expert in saltwater original design Full carbon rod with security holograms over it

so i recon be worth a quid

cheers

Edited by HAWKSBURY BUOY