Sussex Inlet/basin

cheers

Hi everyone

My sons & I will be fishing at Sussex inlet/Basin this weekend.

I have never fished this area before. :(

Any info & fishing reports would help. :1fishing1:

Thanks

Cheers

Edited by cheers

Hey Mate.

Yea go up to Sussex inlet every year for the last 3 years, some good estuary fishing up there. At this time i've seen people get some tailor, even some decent size Travally, and also last year on a sp i managed to get a 76cm flatty.

If you know a place called Alemien Rd, there should be a little holiday park(i wont tell you which one because of the site rules), and down the road more theres a jetty, what ever you wanna call it, and if you go in the morning and at night, you could pick up some decent Tailor, around 40cm at this time, maybe even more.

You can use some metals, but even diving lures can produce some tailor. And on that jetty is also where i got that flatty. This is the only place that i really know of that accesible by foot, but others are by boat. If you willing to spend some money for a little boat hire, which is a little tinny, though its not to bad, you might get some flatties in, if you want to put in the time to do that ofcourse.

Good luck with the trip mate.

-Luke1

Edited by Luke1

yeah mate great spot the Inlet.. If you have a spot down towards the bar at night just oppistie The Haven is a good spot for tailor,flatties and prawns if they are running.

There are also some great mud flats between the boat shed and the Bar for good flathead, And where the inlet meets the basin near the markers on the change of tide ,or just around the corner to your right as you head into the Basin is a great spot.

i only ever fished the Inlet , cant really help you with the Basin as much, but we always had a great week and did it every year :beersmile:

if your taking a boat out, the channel is very small and shallow south of the lions Park boatramp and there are big submerged blocks of concrete that have been breaking unsuspecting peoples props! i heard that these are going to been dragged out, not sure if they are gone yet so i would keep an eye out to be on the safe side.

If your after tailor ive always had luck along the weed beds in jewfish bay (left after you head out into the basin). Anywhere in the basin near the entrance to the inlet is pretty popular but make sure you burley! In the inlet, opposite the sailfish club on the bend (near a green house) ive had some luck with decent sized flatties and even the odd trevaly.

Good luck.