Lowrance To 40 Etec

pappy

From what I have read the smaller ETECS (40HP-90HP) from 2008 are NMEA 2000 compatible, so you should get engine data on your Lowrance sounder with the right equipment, eg EMM harness, data cable, power cable, network tees and terminator.

Huey will give you a definate answer, so correct me if I am wrong Huey. I have attached a I Command Supplement which will give you an idea what bits and pieces you need to set up the network.

I_CommandSupplementRev.pdf

Hi Pappy, yes mate if it is a 2008 or newer model you can connect any small E-TEC to a NMEA2000 compatible device like a Lowrance sounder. Costs about $250 for the hardware to connect the two. Bigger E-TEC from day 1 have had this feature and you get alot of cool info when the device is connected to the EMM.

Cheers,

Huey.

Hi Pappy, yes mate if it is a 2008 or newer model you can connect any small E-TEC to a NMEA2000 compatible device like a Lowrance sounder. Costs about $250 for the hardware to connect the two. Bigger E-TEC from day 1 have had this feature and you get alot of cool info when the device is connected to the EMM.

Cheers,

Huey.

thanks chopper & HUEY for your replies it gives me sum ideas how it all works .pappy1

From what I have read the smaller ETECS (40HP-90HP) from 2008 are NMEA 2000 compatible, so you should get engine data on your Lowrance sounder with the right equipment, eg EMM harness, data cable, power cable, network tees and terminator.

Huey will give you a definate answer, so correct me if I am wrong Huey. I have attached a I Command Supplement which will give you an idea what bits and pieces you need to set up the network.

thanks chopper i now have sum idear what i need .pappy1

It is worth connected your motor up to the NMEA 2000 network pappy. I use the I Command gauge, but my next door neighbour has the Lowrance. You get to see alot of info like fuel flow, engine temp, rpm, battery voltages. It is a feature well worth happening.