Georges River Blackies

Smitty

Hi all, just a quick report.

The recent rain has slowed things up around me usual Blackfish spots (Picnic pt & Lagarno areas), so I though this weekend would be a waste of time. But Saturday arvo I got a call from a fishing mate who came across a few fish further down stream.

Marine Boy and I headed off this morning........a bit late but better than never.......and were down Blakehurst way by about 10am. When we got there the two other blokes (Bob and Charlie, a fellow member) had a nice bag of fish each......and it wasnt long before I managed my first for the day. Unfortunately the late start was a handicap but we managed 4 nice fish and Marine Boy lost his Blackfish virginity :thumbup: before they went totally off the bite.

It was beautiful morning (amazingly it only sprinkled rain once), we were completely sheltered from the wind and it was great to try out a new blackfish spot. Had some nice fillets tonight for dinner.....yummo!

No pics sorry, camera at home flat!!

Was nice to meet you Charlie (sorry mate, cant remember your user name).....I'm sure we will meet again on a rock somewhere along the Georges.

Cheers,

Smitty...

When there was a lot of rain in the Georges the old man and I used to get them off Oatley Point just near the reef with the channel marker. Bit hit and miss though. Better when the tide was small as it can run pretty hard there sometimes.