Jew Fish Session Saturday Night On Botany Bay 6/6

wttmrwolf

Hi Raiders,

I'm heading out Saturday night for a Jew session. Launching around 9pm at the Taren Point bridge. If anyone has a boat and is thinking of going out PM me or reply here. It would be good to team up and cover a few spots at the same time to increase our odds (as Jewgaffer suggested a while back).

I'll check back on Saturday night before I go out.

Anyone not going out feel free to suggest your best spots for a falling tide. 2:30am is the dead low tide at 0.2m

Ben

Mr Wolf It would be a good idea to get hold of half a dozen good quality 4/0 wide gapes, they'll handle jew and also hook up your bi catch fish on the inside of the shank.... theres a lot of big bream in the system at the moment, Kurnell's been firing in the early morning and the bream have been full of row ...so the odds are they have been spawning down there and going back in to start over again dirty water or not..... I had feedback from the same source of a lot of bream being caught at Mainbar during the early am and from Grays point at night....there are lots of tailor around so I'd anchor 30 metres away from A pylon and keep an close eye on the landbased blokes....

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

there are lots of tailor around so I'd anchor 30 metres away from A pylon and keep an close eye on the landbased blokes....

Hi Jewgaffer,

Good to hear from you again. If you had your pick of the bridges what would you pick be on an outgoing tide? I was thinking tom ugly, it just feels a bit more Jew fishy around there compared to Taren Point. Thinking of sitting in the dark and letting baits drift into the light.

It would be nice to beat that 40cm bream PB as a bi catch.

Hi Jewgaffer,

Good to hear from you again. If you had your pick of the bridges what would you pick be on an outgoing tide? I was thinking tom ugly, it just feels a bit more Jew fishy around there compared to Taren Point. Thinking of sitting in the dark and letting baits drift into the light.

It would be nice to beat that 40cm bream PB as a bi catch.

Hi Mr Wolf you'd have a high around 8pm up there tonight and a low around 2am...... So if it were me I'd be on the water at 3pm and take my time fishing and stocking up on bait between the waterfront meeting hall and the old wooden wharf on the Sydney side...There is about eight foot of water close to the shore and a good place to start is in the v section, and being a run in tide, cast towards the dead end formed by the party boat.. have a squid jig with you as there are likely to be arrow squid there too....

There would be still a few hours to go before the top of the tide stillwater and would be a good time to have bream rods out behind you.... Get a couple of long casts out square back from where you would be baitfishing and cast out to where you see the drift around into Kogarah Bay separate and run into the v section.....I'd still use the 4/0 wide gapes as flathead would also be a possibilty..... I would include squid strips but would fish a tight bait on the wide gapes, thread it around the shank and have the barb clear...fish weighted enough to stay on the bottom and 0n this occassion don't fish a loose bait and have too much of it fluttering around at the barb end ........

Start your jew session in the deeper centre pylons and anchor on the Bay side for the remainder of the run in.... at the start of the stillwater before the tide turns to run out, move to the shallower pylons on the south side and anchor in about ten feet of water 20-30 metres back on the upriver side of the pylons.... .... I'd fish the run out in the shallower pylons until midnight and the move upriver to no2 pylon on the Sydney side of Tom Uglys and change sides for the bottom of the tide still water... stagger your casts, but cast no closer than 5 metres to the front of and the same distance back from the sides of the pylon... if it were me I'd stay at no2 at Tom Uglys fishing the run in tide for the jew that are already in the river and the new arrivals coming in with the tide.... I'd stay there till sun up which would give me another four hours of the same run in tide I started on in the afternoon.......

Hope this helps

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

Edited by jewgaffer

No jews on our boat, but you can't get them every night ;)

Tried both Taren Point and Tom Ugly bridges until about 2am Sunday morning. Seemed to be lots of action between 2 and 3 pylon of Tom Uglies. That's where we landed 3 decent bream on mullet gut.

Unfortunately our fresh mullet and squid fillets went untouched all night.

Also tried off the beach at Wanda for the high tide tonight. Just got back. Zilch except for a bite off (maybe small shark).

Oh well, good to be out there doing what we love.

Ben