What Shark?

Jayson78

A while ago me and my wife went for a fish whilst on a trip to Ulladulla around the light house. I got one of these put it in a rock pool. A few minutes later got a second took a photo of both then let them go to live another day. But my question is what kind of shark and can you eat them.

post-10689-1244687161_thumb.jpg

Yuk. Dog sharks is what we used to call them. Swordies' favourites!! :thumbdown:

Never tried eating one but they live in weedy crevices & usually come out after a big swell pushes them out of their hidey holes. I don't think they'de be much good on the plate.

Cheers,

Grant.

Yuk. Dog sharks is what we used to call them. Swordies' favourites!! :thumbdown:

Never tried eating one but they live in weedy crevices & usually come out after a big swell pushes them out of their hidey holes. I don't think they'de be much good on the plate.

Cheers,

Grant.

thanks for the info. They were fun to scare my wife with :1prop: man she can run.

G'day mate, I think what you have there is a Blind Shark, or a Colcloughs Shark,

also get commonly called Dog Sharks.

Personally I would just return them as they do a lot of sea bottom cleaning work..

Cheers..

Edited by Ray R

When I was up in Port Stephens all I caught were those sharks off the rocks, it was damn annoying. Those sharks make a barking sort of sound like a puppy it was freaky :wacko:

I'd say that's why they get the name Dog sharks!

:biggrin2: