Windamere Dam 12/6/09

mark10187

Went up to windamere dam for the weekend camping with the girlfriend camped at a place called cudgegong waters great campsite and very friendly people would recommend it to anyone anyway headed out early friday morning walked for a few hours trying a few spots with spinnerbaits,stump jumpers and jackals with no luck so decided to switch over to bait fishing with some yabbies first cast in and im on had a brief struggle and the fish darted in to the snags and PING so rigged back up put another live yabby out no bites for ages so threw a handful of worms out and put my other rod out with another yabby on it again no bites for atleast an hour so decided to pack up and start the long walk back to the campsite as i was bringing my last rod in got a massive hit and the drag started singing i tried to keep this one from going in to the snags but no luck within seconds again PING so after that called it a day packed up and as i was about to start walking back one of the other campers not to far from me come past in his boat and asked if i wanted a lift what a god send saved me atleast an hour and a half long treck back to the campsite talked to the guy asked if he had any luck he said there were a ton of the fish on the sounder down deep but he couldnt get them to bite he asked how i did told him i had two bust offs and he asked what was i fishing with i said 10lb braid and he just laughed and said i shouldnt have bothered i should atleast bring 30lb next time anyways next time i head up there ive got a bit more knowledge to take some heavier gear up for these big yellas

Mark