Gold Coast Snakes

moses

hey guys went to the goldie today to visit my mum which is always interesting as she breeds snakes. today when i arrived she said to me to come and have a look at her latest purchases. well i crapped myself at first when i see 3 ney enclosures marked with the following RED BELLY BLACK SNAKE,KING BROWN and DEATH ADDER.after holding a few of her pythons and her beautiful albino darwin python i decided to grab the snake stickk and have a go of one of the new ones so out came the 5 foot red belly at first i was shaking but after a while i became more confident. will post pics later for u of some of the snakes and if u would like any info just pm me and will let u know

got bit once 200km from nowhere in the NT by a big un .. didnt see it but hey presto two puncture wounds oozing blood and pus .... sat down on a rock, nothing happened for an hour so iwent back to work

2 mths later in sydney spoke to the guys at Aust Repttile Park and they said a) big snakes sometimes dont envenomate if they are trying to say go away rather than kill to eat and B) go buy many lotto tickets....

got bit once 200km from nowhere in the NT by a big un .. didnt see it but hey presto two puncture wounds oozing blood and pus .... sat down on a rock, nothing happened for an hour so iwent back to work

2 mths later in sydney spoke to the guys at Aust Repttile Park and they said a) big snakes sometimes dont envenomate if they are trying to say go away rather than kill to eat and B) go buy many lotto tickets....

thats right mate 9/10 time browns and blacks will dry bite u should still go to the hospital though my mum has anti venom and bandages sitting right next to us in those pics

IMHO there is only one good snake. A dead snake. The scare the sh1t out of me.

I'm with you wahcat, my :wife: brother has snakes, I bloody hate 'em. He has a little fun with me and the snakes but I've told him I wont hesitate to stomp on one should the need/oppertunity arise.

:beersmile::beersmile::beersmile:

my mum breeds them and u would be suprised what snakes are worth lets see how many of u will begin to like snakes if u know how much the albinos are worth.

so lets see if anyone know

Moses, in case you haven't noticed this a fishing website.

You had a fun w/end with your mum & played with some snakes. Thanks for sharing that with us.

I'm sure there are plenty of other websites available if you want to have a more in depth discussion about the breeding & costs of various species of snakes.

This topic has the potential to get out of hand so it is now closed.

J.H

Admin.