Need Some Advice

ritchie

THANK YOU Pelican,

guess what???...Ive actually found a boat in my suburb..advertised on the local news paper! :) .. the ad is very brief..

all it says..

De Havilland Boat On a registered Trailer with a 25hp Johnson motor, in good condition, recently serviced.

Pay for the motor and get the boat and trailer free

Looking for a quick sale

Spoke to the owner and he said the motor is only 8-10 years old and the hull has only one tiny issue..a very small leak..1/2 hr on the water would collect 1bucket of water.. :bump0ee: but then again he said he has the marine glue etc to fix it but have no time.. so i have some faith.. :) is it something i really need to worry about ? re: fixing the leak?

havent seen the boat yet but i'd most probably inspect the unit on the w'end given the owner travels alot due to work..

on another note, the 25hp Johnson's a pull start...does that mean its an older (than owner claiming) version?...from my understanding the only Johnson 25hp's made in recent times are the 4 stroke ones?...

advertised price is $1700 ..

Depends on where the leakis and how it was caused.

Some alloy boats get pin holes from corrosion and depending on how widespread it is it is vry hard to fix. If it is impact damage that is easy enough to get welded up. A bucket is more than a pin hole but could be a bung

Get the serial and model numbers of the motor and it will tell you the year. A 10 yo motor would generally be a lot better that the older stuff you were looking at. Still need to get it checked out properly.

see what it looks like and how the trailer is and how honest the whole thing is.

Edited by pelican

and don't forget to look over the trailer carefully, as if it's on it's last legs, then you could be up for $1k just there for a brand new trailer.

Just bought a tinnie myself, 3.7 meter, just hull only. It costed me $800 for a 2nd 1990 30 HP Yamaha outboard, and $1400 for a brand new brooker trailer.