Jewie Fishing

Luke1

Hey raiders.

Hopefully heading up to Berowra or the Hawkesbury next week, and i wanna try and have a go at any fish, but my main target is the Jewie.

Never got myself a jewie, but i've read many things about fishing the jewie, such as best moon phases and tides.

But i just wanna make sure, for all you Jewie lovers, what the best time to fish the jewie, if you dont mind sharing this information.

Atm i got a 20lb mono on my reel, and im hoping to go to a local tackle store and get a 30lb leader, but i've also got the Mustad Big Red 2 Hook Snapper rig which is 50lb line and 5/0 Octopus Hooks . I have this because i want to try catch some squid for a bit and try my luck using them for live bait, or even some yakkas. And if you dont mind telling me where in the hawkesbury is some good squid fishing if you dont mind telling me this information.

Thanks

-Luke1

Peeled prawns work great up that way for them, no need for really heavy gear champ, 30lb would be the highest leader i would use too.

Joe Crafts Creek fishes well for the smaller ones up that way. Any fresh fillet of fish or squid strips would work well.