Bundeena

addictfisherman

hi all fellow raiders, just thought i make a member for this forum its soo interesting and helpful and i've been reading all the post and it has helped me most of the fishing i've done.

guys i wuld just like some pointers on bundeena if that is okay :thumbup: and this is a spot we hav'nt fish at yet, and me and a couple of mates planning to trek over there for the weekend so has anyone fished there b4 and wat sort of fish can u catch there and bait etc. And was wondering if u can fish at the far right of the jibbon beach where the rocks are?.

thanks all , happy fishing! . Thanh.

hi all fellow raiders, just thought i make a member for this forum its soo interesting and helpful and i've been reading all the post and it has helped me most of the fishing i've done.

guys i wuld just like some pointers on bundeena if that is okay :thumbup: and this is a spot we hav'nt fish at yet, and me and a couple of mates planning to trek over there for the weekend so has anyone fished there b4 and wat sort of fish can u catch there and bait etc. And was wondering if u can fish at the far right of the jibbon beach where the rocks are?.

Camped a year ago at Bonnievale went to the beach an hour after dark threw in 3 squid on 3 rods with 2 mates (one never fished before) . Caught 1 flathead 2kgs 1 bream 1kg and a banjo shark in approx 1 hr and had to go back to cook for family. Might sound fishy but true.

Camped a year ago at Bonnievale went to the beach an hour after dark threw in 3 squid on 3 rods with 2 mates (one never fished before) . Caught 1 flathead 2kgs 1 bream 1kg and a banjo shark in approx 1 hr and had to go back to cook for family. Might sound fishy but true.

Dinner sounds fishy!!! :yahoo::yahoo:

Yes if u are willing to trek all the way up there there in an awesome ledge where its very safe no waves lots and lots of blackfishk, drummer, monster breams and my favourite Pigfish and wrasses which get relaly big up to 2-4kg's

Use crab baits over there :thumbup:

....... Its more a whiting/stingray/pike/livebait/squid/millions of baby snapper kind of spot.

Musty

Tell you what Musty, you might not believe this, Stewy and Jimmy Bowers used to fish with full on game gear off Bundeena wharf in the early 80's....

Shirl's gone off to the meet the 9.40pm Brisbane train to pick Jimmy up as he has too much gear to fly down from Ballina and will be staying at our place for a couple of months....We've got to reload most of the tiger rods with new 80lb and I also have 2400 yards of 20lb spiderwire stealth on its way for the light gear and also for the snapper that are coming past past Jibbon on the way into the Hacking.

Jimmy and I might be able to get out for a Georges upriver session soon and because you've been kind enough to invite me in the past, there'll be a seat for you in my boat with Jim and myself, don't worry about that Musty...

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

Edited by jewgaffer

I seen a school of kings come through while fishing off bundeena warf early morning quite a few years back, and the most undeserving tool on the entire jetty sumhow managed to hook on, get this- on CHICKEN BREAST FILLET SOAKED IN ANISEED OIL. He was walking around the jetty being a downright pain to everyone there and his rod nearly went over the edge until my mate caught it. Then after reeling in this just on legal king (size limit then was 60cm), he had his tool box of a mate laying on his stomach over the edge of the jetty with a short gaff swinging it all around and smacking the water like a mad man. It was clearly a "had to be there" moment. Point is- Kings do frequent there during the summer months, but i wouldnt go there specifically targetting them. Its more a whiting/stingray/pike/livebait/squid/millions of baby snapper kind of spot.

Goodluck

Musty

oh thanks , i will have different sorts of bait on the day , so ill give everything a crack hope to score myself a king. thanks