Electric Start For Johnson 25

prawn*

hay guys sick of pull starting my engine in the cold and want the luxury of push start set up have been looking around for a set u can anyone steer me in the right direction for what i am looking for and were to buy (pm please) cheers for any help :thumbup:

hay guys sick of pull starting my engine in the cold and want the luxury of push start set up have been looking around for a set u can anyone steer me in the right direction for what i am looking for and were to buy (pm please) cheers for any help :thumbup:

Hi, depending on the age of the outboard you can get new electric start kits for Johno/Evinrudes. What year model is it?

Cheers,

Huey.

Hi, depending on the age of the outboard you can get new electric start kits for Johno/Evinrudes. What year model is it?

Cheers,

Huey.

Craig, I have a 1999 Johnson 25hp outboard...is it possible to hook up a electric start kit to that motor?..any idea how much $$$$ it'd cost?

Cheers..

Craig, I have a 1999 Johnson 25hp outboard...is it possible to hook up a electric start kit to that motor?..any idea how much $$$$ it'd cost?

Cheers..

Hi Ritchie, check your PMs when you get a minute mate.

Cheers,

Huey.

hay mate thought it would bring some other interest as well my johnson is a 25hp 96 model with a 30hp carby on it

Hi, yes you can for that age, but due to you needing a new flywheel with a ring gear on it for the starter motor that kit is one of the dearer ones. Some age engines do not need a flywheel in the kit so are cost effective to add electric start, but you are looking at around $1,200 to add electric start to your age engine and you have to ask yourself if it is worth it.

Cheers,

Huey.