Split Ring

Dhutchy

G'day Raiders I haven't used the boat for a while because of weather and other calamities, checking it today for weekend and found a split ring on the bottom of my Merc 90hp 2 stroke - can anyone advise its funtion and whether I should just coat in grease and reinsert...

Sorry but I dunno (pics below_

Thanks Raiders

Rgds

Dhutchy

It isn't just about catching fish but it helpspost-7880-1247202504_thumb.jpgpost-7880-1247202504_thumb.jpg

post-7880-1247202541_thumb.jpg

Hi Dutchy, the retaining ring basically holds the bottom yoke in place so that when doing any work on the mid section etc before the mounts go on the yoke does not fall off the swivel shaft. Once altogether the ring does not do much and I think you might find it hard to get back on but if you can, put it back on the swivel shaft.

Cheers,

Huey.

Hi Dutchy, the retaining ring basically holds the bottom yoke in place so that when doing any work on the mid section etc before the mounts go on the yoke does not fall off the swivel shaft. Once altogether the ring does not do much and I think you might find it hard to get back on but if you can, put it back on the swivel shaft.

Cheers,

Huey.

Thanks Heaps Craig. I was wondering if I should drop it in to you. So I guess if rests where it is there is no harm to the engine, is that right?

I am hoping (if my five year old gets his personality back) to use the boat tomorrow.

Rgds

Dhutchy

Thanks Heaps Craig. I was wondering if I should drop it in to you. So I guess if rests where it is there is no harm to the engine, is that right?

I am hoping (if my five year old gets his personality back) to use the boat tomorrow.

Rgds

Dhutchy

Hi Mate, yes that is right and enjoy the day out and I am sure when you get him on the water he will get in a good mode.

Cheers,

Huey.