Smelt Before I Seen

bender

Hi guys headed out for a fish this morning. Thought id head to oatley boat ramp. Well i pulled up at the ramp and smelt this funky smell. Any way launched the boat. And as i walked up to the wharf well Wat can i say the pic's will explain it.. And there were some under size fish too.

Benny.

post-5996-1247283781_thumb.jpg

post-5996-1247283796_thumb.jpg

post-5996-1247283907_thumb.jpg

Hi guys,

was down there about a month ago on an outing, when we got back, same thing. The gutter alongside the ramp was chocker full of fish frames. Mostly quite large snapper and other quality reef table fish.

I could not believe anyone with a trailer boat could have bagged out to that extent.

What I think is happening is that one of the local fish market shops is dumping their frames after hours illegally to save on their garbologist bill, or their biuns were full.

It really was disgusting!!

Only good thing about it was they the bloody penguins and flying rats were happy.

Maybe we should refer this to the council and get the ranger to keep an eye on it?

ONLY PROBLEM might be the the bugger might get bored and walk around booking any improperly parked or overstaying cars and trailers!!!

Cheers

Chris

Yeah greg they were blackfish and small jews. I seen 4 jews and at least 2 looked a bit small. They are from some one fishing. Not dumped. Cause they where out in the deeper water as well. At the end of the wharf. Someones got a freezer full now.

Benny

Bender/Anakiwa

post-5996-1247292629_thumb.jpg

Edited by bender

Hey Bender

That is bloody disgusting.

Its a public ramp and public recreation area and is in-excusable by any standards.

The persons are obviously non carers to their impacts on the community or other caring fisho's.

Launch from their sometimes so I know the area.

If undersize fish frames are in evidance cantact Fisheries together with your evidance ie time and photo's. This actual event cannot be counted but it will alert them and their data base to be on the look out for the the greb thats doing it.

They will set a occasional watch post on the ramp, culprits will be eventually DONE LIKE A DINNER.

Other Fish Raiders who frequent Oatley, keep your eye out and report to Authorities as appropriate.

I will also look up Legislation relating the dumping of fish frames in waters around public ramps as this is obviously a exceesive discard of frames.

I'm cranky now and on a mission!!!!

Cheers

Trapper Tom

Hey Bender

That is bloody disgusting.

Its a public ramp and public recreation area and is in-excusable by any standards.

The persons are obviously non carers to their impacts on the community or other caring fisho's.

Launch from their sometimes so I know the area.

If undersize fish frames are in evidance cantact Fisheries together with your evidance ie time and photo's. This actual event cannot be counted but it will alert them and their data base to be on the look out for the the greb thats doing it.

They will set a occasional watch post on the ramp, culprits will be eventually DONE LIKE A DINNER.

Other Fish Raiders who frequent Oatley, keep your eye out and report to Authorities as appropriate.

I will also look up Legislation relating the dumping of fish frames in waters around public ramps as this is obviously a exceesive discard of frames.

I'm cranky now and on a mission!!!!

Cheers

Trapper Tom

You get em Trapper TOM!!!

I think you will find that a few blokes still own nets even though they where paid out a couple of years ago.

The boys in queston will put in at different ramps a couple of times a month and only come back in the early morning when the fisheries are tucked up in bed.

the pity is they don't make a real quid out of it and should know better.

Dave

Yeah Im going to send the pic's to the fisheries. Hopefully They can catch someone. Ill do my best to help. As of next week ill be working at the fisheries. So ill be giving some people the heads up on all sorts of places if seen this stuff and places that i see people catching undersize fish...

Benny

Bender/Anakiwa.