Pb Squid

iMick

ive caught similar in size as well. I caught 5 in total, gave a good fight... the squid was even taking line. Anyways mine turned out to be bit chewy ... took my biggest squid jig about 7 inches .. anyways good on ya.

Great squid mate.

I caught 6 very big squid (not as big as that though!) in the harbour last Monday, and then 2 more in the same spot on the next day. There certainly are a lot around at the moment.

OUTFISHER... If you turn your PMs on or clean out your inbox i will trade you some info on where to catch them...

Great squid mate.

I caught 6 very big squid (not as big as that though!) in the harbour last Monday, and then 2 more in the same spot on the next day. There certainly are a lot around at the moment.

OUTFISHER... If you turn your PMs on or clean out your inbox i will trade you some info on where to catch them...

Thanks jim77 would do but i have not had accsess to this from FR

for a year now im not allowed to pm or recieve pms for some reason.

Would be great though and thanks for the offer

but my mailbox has been barred. :05::(

nice squid mate, massive!

Just curious, does Calamari Squid taste different to Arrow Squid?

For me they taste the same, mmmmmm dunked in batter then bread crumbs, then deep fried and served with an assortment of tartare, homemade seafood sauce (mayo, tomato sauce and Whistishire sauce) and fresh lemon wedges.... mate!

That big one wasn't chewy at all, no chewier than any other i've tried.

That squid looks like the deep water variety. I have seen them at the fish markets advertised as "Grays Squid". They are a much more tender variety to eat than the arrows or southerns. That squid was probably caught in deeper water. Did it have rings of teeth in it's suckerpads ? I bet it did.....

That squid looks like the deep water variety. I have seen them at the fish markets advertised as "Grays Squid". They are a much more tender variety to eat than the arrows or southerns. That squid was probably caught in deeper water. Did it have rings of teeth in it's suckerpads ? I bet it did.....

That squid was caught in your average harbour squid spot, not that deep really, a spot not as well known as most. I have to say it was not chewy at all, no rings of teeth in it's suckerpads either, none that i noticed anyway.

That squid was caught in your average harbour squid spot, not that deep really, a spot not as well known as most. I have to say it was not chewy at all, no rings of teeth in it's suckerpads either, none that i noticed anyway.

Thats a great squid imick you must be a great squid fisho

and know your stuff well. What sort or jig did something

like that take.

That would have to be some harbour record

any tips you would like to share for us common fishos. :yahoo:

Thats a great squid imick you must be a great squid fisho

and know your stuff well. What sort or jig did something

like that take.

That would have to be some harbour record

any tips you would like to share for us common fishos. :yahoo:

Indeed it was big but no.. I'm no great squid fisho, just have mates that know the bait grounds (they would kill me if i even hinted as to where they are), i just happened to be in the right spot at the right time. We were in a top yakka ground and I seen it go past, i thought we didn't have any jigs so my first reaction was to tie a large fillet of yakka to a popper and see if it took it, didn't really work. Then it happened, my mate found in his tackle box, something i've never seen before, a really thin squid jig that looked like one off those squid spikes that holds a pillie. So i cut a nice slab of yakka and hitched it parallel to this jig... 2 minutes later i was on. I would take 1 metre it would take 2, it eventually wore out and there ya go!

It's public knowledge that under and around the spit bridge holds squid at night, last time i chased squid there was about 5 years ago and they were everywhere. These days I mainly fish with lures, for a change we thought we'd give "the jews on bait" method a go cos I can't catch a jew on plastic to save my life.

Tough night on the water, one massive squid and a box of Krispy Kremes.

One more thing, in the past i've only ever fished with cheapo squid jigs, people swear by expensive Japanese jigs and probably for good reason, they probably out fish the cheapos, but cheap jigs do work! Try orange and pink!