Wannna Decent Feed

rob ford

Hi Raiders, well the Mrs said find the fish or I am finished, beaches are very slow. I have been reading these columns & the Mrs with grand kids in tow, the leather jackets in the harbour sounds great for an outing and good introduction to fishing for the young ones.

Also heard a few decent Kings moving around good for me.

We are landbased these days so a feed is always welcome plus entertainment for 8, 6 & 4 year old.

Been told around the Spit, or from Taronga Park Zoo towards the general direction of the heads on any wharf, it will need to be safe for the kids.

Raiders the same question applies in and around Botany Bay plus Port Hacking as I am driving over from Liverpool. If you can assist me with any information much appreciated. Rob

Lotsa places on Parra River and Lane Cove rivers too mate- most are fairly safe if you pick them wisely

Some places get real crowded depending on day and time of day (+ factor in moon phase)

Use this link: http://maps.google.com.au and just type in your starting poiny anywhere within the confines of the harbour/botany then zoom in and move around- make note of water colour changes where it gets darker as this is where there are weed bads and drop-offs- these are the places to target!

Have fun finding new places and dont be afraid to frequent the same locations, you will learn much quicker when they fire.

My only advice is once you find a good spot- stick at it and dont move around too much- explore that area and there are literally a multitude of possibilities for LB anglers.

Even beaches are a good place to start and they are safer than most other places- besides, all Aussies LOVE the beach so it kinda a culture thing.

Beach is where I started, and probably where I want to die- on the beach with a rod in one hand and a tinnie in the other

BTW- Welcome to the site :1welcomeani: this is a good site with heaps of info- you can meet other like minded people here too, so rest assured you are in good hands

Lotsa places on Parra River and Lane Cove rivers too mate- most are fairly safe if you pick them wisely

Some places get real crowded depending on day and time of day (+ factor in moon phase)

Use this link: http://maps.google.com.au and just type in your starting poiny anywhere within the confines of the harbour/botany then zoom in and move around- make note of water colour changes where it gets darker as this is where there are weed bads and drop-offs- these are the places to target!

Have fun finding new places and dont be afraid to frequent the same locations, you will learn much quicker when they fire.

My only advice is once you find a good spot- stick at it and dont move around too much- explore that area and there are literally a multitude of possibilities for LB anglers.

Even beaches are a good place to start and they are safer than most other places- besides, all Aussies LOVE the beach so it kinda a culture thing.

Beach is where I started, and probably where I want to die- on the beach with a rod in one hand and a tinnie in the other

BTW- Welcome to the site :1welcomeani: this is a good site with heaps of info- you can meet other like minded people here too, so rest assured you are in good hands

mate good luck with it ...

i have to say that all the places ive been to in the last week or so with my boy (5) have just been so quiet, with reg haunts for LJ's not even getting a nibble. So with that caveat ... heres some ideas>

- McMahons Point down the end of Blues Point Road in Nth Sydney, grassed area, great views, loos and rudimentary playgnd;

- Clifton Gdns (weekdays only as it gets feral on weekends, dont get me started),

- Little Manly;

- Bobbin head - great park, playgnd nearby, fish off wharf or rockwall (no fsh on Sat tho);

- clontarf off the beach near the swimming pool. great park and playgnd just behind beach.

thats a start and good luck. interested to know if u find any fish cos its as dead as at the minute for me....

cheers

Get some weed and stick floats for Blackfish in the Georges at some well known spots or other spots in the Harbour like Rose bay or the baths at Watsons bay. They should be around in reasonable numbers at the moment and a very good prospect for getting a feed.

Catching blackfish in the Budgewoi channel on school holidays when I was really young is where I got started. I remember watching the old blokes gettin stuck into them while me and my old man were fishing with prwns and gettin nothing. Got talking to them,they gave me some weed and all we had were the old bubble floats that you adjust the flotation by letting more water into them. Within the hour we had four fish and I was hooked. That was the first time I ever remember actually catching anything.

Wanna decent feed,

Hi to all you blokes who took the time to answer my enquiry about where to fish ,thanks.

Sad to here the leather jackets are a bit quite at the moment but when I can muster all the troops after football, dancing and birthday parties will take them along but in the meantime the Mrs and I might trot along to some of the spots mentioned. Wanda & Stanwell Park beaches are unproductive at this point in time.

So around Clifton Gardens or the Spit on a week day sounds good but also into Blackfish and Erearing power station is not bad on the inlet side, the regulars don't appear to be overjoyed at new comers at the run out side. On the weekend its Asian & Mediterranean fellows are thick on the ground, locals zero.

Anyway guys just sold all my Alvey Centre pin beach, blackfish & Mitchell 499 egg beater reels, had the big upgrade to Rovex big boss reels, so any comments either way like to hear. In the rod dept Jarvis Walker Ocean blackfish & Penn Beach were the choice all 2 piece, mainly for travelling, also any comments welcome.

Now I have to get a few biggies to test it all out. By the way had no success selling anything around around the Metro area but the Local trader buy and sell out of Gosford & goes to Tweed Heads, the gear went like hot

cakes which allowed me to upgrade.