Coasters / The Basin 27/03

Jaso

Finally got the tinny out on Sunday after a couple of days of waiting for the swell to die down. Put in at Patonga ramp on the BB side and motored across to Pittwater.. swell at that stage was not too bad.

Headed into the Basin as I had scored the past couple of times I had been there, and started flicking an atomic fat grub around in the shallows. The squid have been there the past couple of times and have been drawn in on the small plastics previously.. but they were not there Sunday. I was pretty puzzled because I had seen them there consistently before..

Anyway it didnt take long before I started to hook up. I was surprised when the first fish that came aboard was a stinky pike.. then the 2nd.. then the 3rd!!! They were fun, but not the kind I was hoping for. Eventually I scored a couple of nice bream. 1 on the fat grub, but also another on an albino zoom tiny fluke.

In the end, 4 pike and 2 bream which I was happy about for a couple of hours in the morning.. provided some fun.

Also, I tried out my new sounder (Matrix 37) and would appreciate some advice on what level of sensitivity is generally pretty reasonable.. I switched it to saltwater mode (defaults to fresh) but unsure if there are other settings that I should put it at to get a better performance generally. Any tips would be much appreciated. :biggrin2:

I also run it on whiteline.

One tip though... keep it on fresh :1naughty: Trust me.. :1clap:

39400[/snapback]

Ok may sound like a dumb question but what's 'whiteline' (and what does it do for you)?

Also - why keep it on fresh?

Cheers