Frazer Park

addictfisherman

hey guys went out today at 3 am for a fish , got to the spot at 5.20am , had two of my 13ft rods out, first one went in with a strip of squid , next one was a livie (yellowtail) under a float , then it was all a waiting game for something to grab it . 20mins later the rod with squid was being SLAM! , BANG as i set the drag and strike!! . first run thought it was a kingie or could be a snapper , then i thought again if it was a kingie or snapper it would of went harder . next thing it came up on the rocks it was a shovel nose shark ! it weighted 6kg . and yeah after that fished for 3more hours . but was getting little picks by leather jackets and other reef fish , so we pulled the plug and pack up. we also took some great shot of the place. and it was a great day to be out ! . by any chance guys have you caught any kings in this area ? or other pleagics if so what is the place time for it and what bait usually do they take? Thanks cheers! I know the salmons and tailors were there but they weren’t biting :(

post-10947-1250071755_thumb.jpg

post-10947-1250071783_thumb.jpg

post-10947-1250071810_thumb.jpg

post-10947-1250071939_thumb.jpg

Hey there,

I fish Snappers a fair bit.... IT is an over crowded rock ledge so I tend to only go there in the colder months... Crowds are half the size.

If you want to have the best possible chance of nailing Salmons, Kingies etc Make them come to your bait!

Go there when the swells are low, makes it a hell of a lot eaiser catching yakkas.... And less chance of going in the drink!!! Take a few bags of pillies with you and bread, berley bucket too if you have one....

Spend the time cutting all the pillies up and mixing them in with the bread. Set yourself up where the berley is going to stay around the front of you and not just dissapear straight away......... If you do this right you will have thousands of different types of little fish straight at your feet......

When your setting your rigs on floats change up your leader length... don't have them all the same length ............. also the distance on how far out your livies are... keep some in close and others further out..... you need to maximize all you chances.....

With all the action from the little fish straight in front of you the big boys will soon come in for a look....... You just need to keep the berley consistant so the little ones stay in front of you...... Everyone else on the rocks will be going crazy working out why you are getting all the fish......

This technique has not failed me yet..............

Good Luck,........... :biggrin2:

G'day,

are they still keeping the entry gate locked until 0500 or so? Or can you access it it all hours again? Hit that spot a couple of years ago and the gate was locked - ranger opened it around 0530. I've caught kings on live yakkas under floats there and spun up the usual pelagics with metals or whole pillies under floats in the past - but be very careful, a very dangerous spot - I believe it is in the top 5 in terms of fatalities in NSW.

Cheers,

Klainz.

G'day,

are they still keeping the entry gate locked until 0500 or so? Or can you access it it all hours again? Hit that spot a couple of years ago and the gate was locked - ranger opened it around 0530. I've caught kings on live yakkas under floats there and spun up the usual pelagics with metals or whole pillies under floats in the past - but be very careful, a very dangerous spot - I believe it is in the top 5 in terms of fatalities in NSW.

Cheers,

Klainz.

well i only have been to snapper to 2-3 times and so far the gates havn't been locked for me thank god! :1prop: but i think u can just pull the gate open thats what we do and after we go, just close it back :D. just keep the place tidy when u leave then there shouldnt be a problem

It's also a very good big jew spot if you fish it at the right time.

Only at night though & you MUST know what you're doing.

Cheers,

Grant.

i think one time my friend might of been busted off by a big jewie there , he was using live squid and the jew was basically unstoppable . btw are u caught any there yet if so .. what is the best time for it thanks! and is winter better then summer at snapper point? cheers

Late summer to autumn is the best time for jew there.

If you have only fished it 2-3 times then you would be better off fishing for them from the late afternoon into the early evening.

Once you gain alot more experience you maybe able to fish it at night.

Be warned. It is a very dangerous ledge & NOT for the faint hearted or inexperienced at night.

Cheers,

Grant.

I've only been there once during gale winds, however a very fishy looking spot that for sure. Nothing like our sandstone down in Sydney, do you guys wers spikes or stick with some grippy joggers ?

Regards Charles

yeah i ware rock hoppers , to go through those slippery weeds , which can cause a nasty fall or even go for a swim

hey buddy ,

thats at lake munmorah reserve . we fish ther every summer my mate live near ther . But whats out your car people break in your car even burn . Good spot . You can catch jewfish ther on day time . Cheers Bangus