Etec Recall

nzwarriors

Ahhh the 2 week old 75hp e-tec is goinng back to the shops already and i wanted to go fishing this saturday - not happy at all :(

wait what is a vapor separator, does every etec have one ?

Edited by cut_loose

Ahhh the 2 week old 75hp e-tec is goinng back to the shops already and i wanted to go fishing this saturday - not happy at all :(

There are certain year models and horsepowers,check the link in original post.

BRP Australia Pty Ltd—Evinrude E-TEC Outboard Engine—40HP to 90HP, 2008, 2009 and 2010 models

PRA number: 2009/10995

Date created: 24th August 2009

Product information

Product description

Evinrude E-TEC Outboard engines, 40HP to 90HP, 2008, 2009 and 2010 models

Identifying features

2008 – 2010 40-65 HP outboard models, from serial number 5234631 to 5261350 with vapor separator, part number 5007661; and

2008 – 2010 75-90 HP outboard models, from serial number 5234342 to 5261350 with vapor separator, part number 5007661; and

40-90 HP outboard engines with service replacement vapor separator, part number 5007661

Regards Admin

What is your serial number and if it is 2 weeks old it will not be in the serial group. We have replaced about 6 vap seperators and none have shown signs of leaking, but as BRP are a switched on company they issue a recall and send letters to registered owners. Do a search and all companies have the same situtations from time to time and yes most clean engine have some form of vap seperator and with the fuels nowdays and in hot weather fuel vapourising can be a problem.

Rizzo what is your serial number too and if you have not recived a letter than you will most liekly not be involved either.

Cheers,

Huey.

Thanks for your help guys.

Its a 2010 75hp but i'll go check the serial now. We got it fitted two weeks ago so i dont know if it is affected but i'll check.

Thanks

IF the engine is 2 weeks old and IF it is within the serial group the dealer should be shot because the engine should of had the vap seperator checked and if the unit is the affected one he should of replaced it before you picked up the engine. Post your serial number and the P/N that is on the sticker on the vap seperator.

Cheers,

Huey.

IF the engine is 2 weeks old and IF it is within the serial group the dealer should be shot because the engine should of had the vap seperator checked and if the unit is the affected one he should of replaced it before you picked up the engine. Post your serial number and the P/N that is on the sticker on the vap seperator.

Cheers,

Huey.

Hi mate,

Thanks for you help, Its not affected, Thank god ! :)

hi huey i have a motor 40hp with in those serial numbers with vapor no 5007661 .how long should it take to receive a letter from brp .thanks pappy

Hi, what is your serial number, PM me if you like and I can check.

Cheers,

Huey.

PS, Pappy has contatced me and just as I suspected his engine has never been registered as sold so that is why he has not got a letter. The dealer should get a kick up the bum for not registering the engine when they sold it to Pappy.

Edited by Huey @ Huett Marine

Hi, what is your serial number, PM me if you like and I can check.

Cheers,

Huey.

PS, Pappy has contatced me and just as I suspected his engine has never been registered as sold so that is why he has not got a letter. The dealer should get a kick up the bum for not registering the engine when they sold it to Pappy.

yes huey the dealer has had a rev up and is now sorting it all out thanks for your help cheers pappy.