Which Bomb For Dual Downriggers

framedtrash

what downrigger bomb would be best suited for dual downriggers

i currently run a 10lb cannonball but done some reading and im now looking at either the fish shaped bombs or the pancake ones

i like the fish ones as they look like a fish and could attract fish to the baits but i not sure how well they track

then there is the pancake ones that are alot thiner and should track well as they have a large fin and will have alot less resistance with the water so i should only need a 8lb instead of the 10lb

a little expert advice would be great

cheers in advance

:beersmile:

what downrigger bomb would be best suited for dual downriggers

i currently run a 10lb cannonball but done some reading and im now looking at either the fish shaped bombs or the pancake ones

i like the fish ones as they look like a fish and could attract fish to the baits but i not sure how well they track

then there is the pancake ones that are alot thiner and should track well as they have a large fin and will have alot less resistance with the water so i should only need a 8lb instead of the 10lb

a little expert advice would be great

cheers in advance

:beersmile:

I use both on my scotty 1050's

The cannonball certainly hum more with the wire leader than the fish style do.

At times I'll run one of each to see if there's a difference and to be honest, I see none.

Ready for this year I've just got 2 fish style chrome plated to see if they are a better attractant.

regards

• 2 weeks later...

I use both on my scotty 1050's

The cannonball certainly hum more with the wire leader than the fish style do.

At times I'll run one of each to see if there's a difference and to be honest, I see none.

Ready for this year I've just got 2 fish style chrome plated to see if they are a better attractant.

regards

the fish style 1's are good, you can bend the tails slightly to get the bombs to push out wider from the boat, handy if you have to make sharper turns whilst downrigging

yeh i came across some cheap shark cannonballs

not the shark shaped ones but the shsrks that used to cost $200 each

ive read they track really well so should eliminate tangles and throw back and ive been told they also elimnate alot of hum from the wire on the DR

they ended up being cheaper then a stainless bomb so i got 2

this is them

sharkhands.gif

Edited by Framedtrash

yeh i came across some cheap shark cannonballs

not the shark shaped ones but the shsrks that used to cost $200 each

ive read they track really well so should eliminate tangles and throw back and ive been told they also elimnate alot of hum from the wire on the DR

they ended up being cheaper then a stainless bomb so i got 2

this is them

sharkhands.gif

any more of those going Framed?

I run 2 downriggers and have never noticed any difference with hits. I have 2 Chrome Shark bombs, 2 stock round bombs and a combination of all the above. No difference if you ask me as far as hits are concerned but yes with the chrome sharks the cable doesnt hum as much if that bothers you.

Is that how lhey looked when they were new?? HEHEHE, mine are not quite as shiney anymore.

I drilled a hole in the top of the tail on my shark bombs as an attach point for the release clip.

really

it says on there website that attaching a clip to the tail is a big no no and has to attach to the DR cable as it messes up the way it turns in the water

i just bought 2 scotty releases with the self locating snap so i can attach to the cable

i then run rubber bands to my line

havnt tested them out yet will give them a spin this weekend