12 Mile Sunday

Blairy

Hi all, went out on Saturday and Sunday for the first time in ages, as it was comp weekend for the St George Masonic, took my trusty old Reefraider out of Dolens Bay and headed for Stanwell.

Trolled down to Marley with no luck, and then headed to the Humps or near abouts, had a great drift but could not find mutch about, scored a couple of 32 cm squire a butchers and a few small legal Flathead in the end.

Did notice all the charter boats heading into Flathead ground very early so I don't think it was just us.

Sunday was a different story, fished with a mate Joe and brooksy in Joes 6 metre centre console, hit Rose Bay Ramp and headed for the 12 mile, lets just say my arms a still bulging after that experience, we were alone there until a flybridge turned up jigging for kings, i reckon the leatherjackets we were catching would have had a field day with those guys.

The boys notched up 2 mowies and 8 or so leatherjackets to my zippo, and can I tell you a long way to pull up a rig with nothing on it except a pound of lead.

After getting sick of the jackets and the lost sinkers we headed into a spot off one of our more famous beaches and this is where my luck started to change, 6 or so nice Flathead and a PB of 64 cm weighing 1.58 cleaned, the thing had a head like shovel.

I jagged the unluckiest squire in the world and ended up with the best bag of eating fish you could ask for, actually just ate the snapper at work not 10 minutes age and it was delicious.

Overall a great weekend with good company, I will attempt to post some pictures of the Flathead and a couple of Gemfish that Joe got at Browns on Saturday when I get home. :1fishing1:

Well done Blairy on your catch,Sat and Sun.I had planned to go out to Browns on the Sunday but the BOM prediction of 20-30knots NW wind put me off and I did boat maintenance instead. How did you find the conditions on Sunday? Did it get up as windy as predicted, out wide( 12 mile)?

Regards Kit

Well done Blairy on your catch,Sat and Sun.I had planned to go out to Browns on the Sunday but the BOM prediction of 20-30knots NW wind put me off and I did boat maintenance instead. How did you find the conditions on Sunday? Did it get up as windy as predicted, out wide( 12 mile)?

Regards Kit

Hi Cruisecraft it was windy on Sunday but never got to bad, was hard work out wide, apparently Browns was excellent Saturday. Sunday would have been a nasty ride home