Stacer 570 Runabout. Does Anyone Know Anything About Them?

puregeek

Hi All,

Does anyone know much about a Stacer 570 runabout? I have done a google seach and only found the half cabin version, the oceanmater. Does anyone have one or had that is willing to share some information about this boat. I have already bought it, but just wanted to know any good or bad things about the boat. It also came an 1997 Evinrude 90hp 2 stroke (v4 i think). Is this a good engine. Looks like it was the engine that was orginally attached to the boat.

Thanks

Hi All,

Does anyone know much about a Stacer 570 runabout? I have done a google seach and only found the half cabin version, the oceanmater. Does anyone have one or had that is willing to share some information about this boat. I have already bought it, but just wanted to know any good or bad things about the boat. It also came an 1997 Evinrude 90hp 2 stroke (v4 i think). Is this a good engine. Looks like it was the engine that was orginally attached to the boat.

Thanks

I looked at a ratty one down the sth coast once. Looked a good solid hull to me. Many early Stacers had OMC (Johnsons) motors fitted because i think OMC owned Stacer then? The V4 motors are good motors, heaps of torque and the 90 is understressed because it is the 115 motor tuned down to 90. Emissions aside i think the V4 Johnson would be the best performing 90 around.

Craig at Huett marine is the best person to tell you about both Stacer and Johnson motors.