Gangles

Hi Guys,

I am a newbie to the forum, so would just like to say hi to all to start.

I have a couple of questions im hoping you can give me some information on.

I was fishing down at Moroya/Browlee on the weekend and after 3 trips out to the rocks (both places about 12 hours in total) we had a total of a about 4 bites. We tried different times/tides/tackle and baits but nothing was working, does anyone know why the fishing might have to ordinary??

Just as a note - I was at the same place about month earlier and we ended up catching a total of about 25 fish (threw all back- only 4-5 keepers in the lot anyway).

Second question wanting to head out in the boat in about december down south coast (batemans bay, Moroya and the like) can anyone tell me if there are some good spots up the rivers worth trying??

Any information would be great, thanks guys.

• 3 weeks later...

Afternoon Gangles,

What was the water temp? what rigs were you using what were the actual water conditions in the coming weeks before you went? what were the different baits you tried? what is the actual rock plat form like?

Im sorry im not too familiar with the rocks out that way, but when fishing off the rocks i like to be very accurate in what im targetting and find it pays off more, i find the most effective time of the rocks is with warm water temp and after a big storm or swell, snapp off the coast will come in and feed on all the carnage and scraps and broken rock life destroyed by these big swells.

Have you tried fishing for some blackies or drummer you can use some greenweed and a float set it deep and drift it around? again im sorry im not to sure what is out that way..

you would probably have more luck off a boat though because i also find that when fishing near rock outcrops i never really like to have the bait resting right on the bottom to let your bait flow a little more naturally from land you could maybe have a very long tace a meter meter and a half?

Only problem with this around rocks can be the snags, have you tried live bait at all? If it's too rough and too shallow you wont have too many fish right up close to the outcrop.

The only place i have ever fished out Batemans Bay way is Mosquito Bay And i enjoy fishing there so i have never really tried anywhere else up rivers that area im not sure haha sorry mate hope some of this helps.