Fig Tree Bridge - Sun 3/4

ianoc69

I took my cousin (soon to be a new Fishraider member) down to Fig Tree Bridge for a 6am through 10.30am SP session.

We were excited about picking up a decent bream or lizard as we fished the last of the run-out to dead low.

Found it pretty quiet and so many tails taken by choppers - combined with regular bites to the toes from toads :ranting2:

Cousin managed a small flatty and a medium flounder.

After being outfished for the morning finally had a decent fish on which felt like a Bream and after a good fight and my first good drag work-out on the EPIX, I landed a Trevally.

It was very close to 1kG - But I did not get a measurement.

A special thanks and much appreciative support goes to both Pedro and Matt :thumbup::1clap:

Matt arrived at the back end of our session and took a pic - he may be good enough to post it in due course.

PS - I climbed down the rocks to the foreshore to clean up and on my return managed to cut the right foot (since has been stitched with 3x stitches) and combined with the slip and cut was a rattle and roll. I look like I have wrestled a crocodile with cuts and grazes on legs and elbow Not a good way to end a nice morning :ranting2:

Nice work on the trev Ian, they're top fun on bream gear.  :1clap:

Bad luck about about falling over, those oyster covered rocks can be very nasty. I still have a piece of oyster shell in my foot from when I fell over at Port Hacking 9 years ago.

40276[/snapback]

Yeah Swoff

It was one of those silly ones that 9 times out of 10 you go through unscathed and yesterday was No 10

But it wasnt all bad - I am a fanatical Tigers supporter and the foot didnt feel too bad late yesterday arvo when they knocked of the Roosters

I will be back fishing this coming weekend.

Hi Ian,

Sorry to hear about the foot, hope it heals quickly. Good job on the trevor, 1kg is a solid fish and the first one I've heard of from the Figtree sandbank. Looking forward to the photo.

I fished Figtree from 5.45-7pm on Saturday 2/4 using HB's. All the action was in the first 1/2 hr (probably too dark after that). Got 1 flatty, two bream and a tailor.

I've swapped from SP's to HB's when fishing Figtree the last couple of months because sacrificing a whole packet of SP's to the toads each session was just getting too expensive.

Cheers,

Jeff

Sorry for the lateness of the Photo Ian, I had probs locating my USB cable for the camera :hitsfan:

Good to meet you down there Ian and great work on the Trevally, I have to admit I was a tad surprised to see it as I can't actually recall ever scoring a Treva at Fig Tree in all my years of fishing down there!

My Dad and myself stayed for another hour after you left and we only managed a couple of small flatties and a lone Whiting, none of any size.

Its been a bit tough down at Figgy the last few weeks, I have been down a few times looking for Lizards and I have to admit they have been very thin on the ground. But there has been plenty of decent Bream feeding up on the flats. The session before this on I managed 6 good Bream, all legal, and a lone Flathead. Its unusual to score more Bream than Flathead on the flats!

Here's the Trevally:

Cheers

Windy

post-52-1112655595_thumb.jpg

Sorry for the lateness of the Photo Ian, I had probs locating my USB cable for the camera :hitsfan:

Good to meet you down there Ian and great work on the Trevally, I have to admit I was a tad surprised to see it as I can't actually recall ever scoring a Treva at Fig Tree in all my years of fishing down there!

My Dad and myself stayed for another hour after you left and we only managed a couple of small flatties and a lone Whiting, none of any size.

Its been a bit tough down at Figgy the last few weeks, I have been down a few times looking for Lizards and I have to admit they have been very thin on the ground.  But there has been plenty of decent Bream feeding up on the flats. The session before this on I managed 6 good Bream, all legal, and a lone Flathead.  Its unusual to score more Bream than Flathead on the flats!

Here's the Trevally:

Cheers

Windy

40582[/snapback]

Thanks Matt for the photo :thumbup:

It is a nice place to spend a few hours and if the fishing is good then it is an added bonus

Hopefully the lizards are back from annual leave soon

I will endeavour to get there a little more in the future

Always good to catch up with another Fishraider member when having a flick

Welcome to the site Fishrunner :1welcomeani: - Some nice fish pics there.