Sundays Fishing Conditions

david88

Hey raiders,

im fairly new to boat fishing so i was hoping someone could help me figgure out the effects of different winds.

my mate and i have just refurbished a boat and we plan on taking the old fellas out this sunday morning.

It is a 15ft runabout with minimal wind cover and we do not want to plan this day if its going to be uncomfortable on our fathers.

we will be fishing inside botany bay leaving from kyeemagh. Sunday morning is forcast to have a southerly wind between 10-15 knots (I think iv read the chart right).

Just wondering if there is any particular direction of wind that makes fishing hard going inside the bay and if there is any wind that puts the fish on the bite??

cheers guys.

regards Dave.

Hey raiders,

...........im fairly new to boat fishing so i was hoping someone could help me figgure out the effects of different winds.

.......we will be fishing inside botany bay leaving from kyeemagh. Sunday morning is forcast to have a southerly wind between 10-15 knots (I think iv read the chart right).

........Just wondering if there is any particular direction of wind that makes fishing hard going inside the bay and if there is any wind that puts the fish on the bite??

.......cheers guys.

regards Dave.

Hi Dave As a matter of fact there is a big difference in dramatic changes in wind direction both on good boating days and bad boating days, and particularly after having more of the same spasmodic feeding patterns mainly from small underdeveloped fish and undesirable shut down survivors day after day which includes shallow water freaks but excludes squid on mid lower range barometer days and southerly's... Its alright for me to come in after the event, but anticipation is so easy by having access to an accurate forecast and the prospects of striking hot tidal activity can be emphasised by using a basic barometer and using your own default findings based on previous experiences..... Target days can be chosen almost blindfold and there was certainly a huge difference to the fishing results on Monday the day after particularly in Botany Bay when an on going southerly was replaced by a front from the east producing a hot bite period starting off once the run in tide had settled.....Take a look at Keflalod's recent report in Botany Bay and it was not only the Bay but the mid Georges switched nicely on both sides of the top once the new water got up there...

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

Just be careful Dave, Botany Bay cuts up very nasty in a Southerly. I'd be checking the weather on Saturday night before venturing out Sunday if I were you.

The Bay can turn in a matter of 30 mins from penthouse to s**thouse and can be a trap for the unwary or inexperienced. Better safe than sorry.

Just my 2 bobs worth.

Tuffy.

i am a bay regular and have a 4m tinny, i would give it a go because you can always head up the georges if it does get uncomfortable and it could be argued that the river is fishing better than the bay at the moment anyways.

hope this helps

Cheers

Deano