Stream Fishing Trout Lures

mark10187

Hi all,

Im going away to bathurst fishing for trout im fairly new to it and wondered what are the best lures to take away to get some trout i have a fair amount of tassie devils and rapala's in rainbow trout and brown trout colours and a few celtas whats lures work better in streams???

Cheers Bustoff

I mainly fly fish in the streams for trout, but did use to do a little spinning a while back. For me I found the celtas to work the best in streams, especially the smaller ones with a red and black blade. I suppose any spinner blade would be much the same like the tsunami cocks tail etc. I also liked to use rapalas, a brown trout CD3 is a pretty reliable lure for any trout fishing in my opinion. As for the tassie devils, I've never been a fan of them in smaller streams. I just think they're a bit heavy and the action a bit out there when you're fishing for trout that can spook easily. That said, they'd probably be worth a try in a larger river.

It would also be interesting to try a couple of soft plastics too, a natural coloured gulp flickbait or the like. Can't say how they'd go though because I've never tried it, would just be curious to see if they were any good...