Just A Simple Question...

mbolton@jsg.com.au

Just a simple question to ask people because i have been playing with targetting specific species lately.

it's obviously the smarter tactic anyway haha.

Anway moving on.... does anybody have any insight into how far whiting may travel up the Georges river?

i have caught them up as far as Deepwater Motor Boat Club but only little tiddlers im more reffering to very decently sized does anybody know any excellent or even average areas to catch good sized ones As fa as i am, up the Georges or how far up good sized ones are?

Any and all simple answers welcome even if it's only a personal experience....

Cheers in advance guys...

Mick.

Just a simple question to ask people because i have been playing with targetting specific species lately.

it's obviously the smarter tactic anyway haha.

Anway moving on.... does anybody have any insight into how far whiting may travel up the Georges river?

i have caught them up as far as Deepwater Motor Boat Club but only little tiddlers im more reffering to very decently sized does anybody know any excellent or even average areas to catch good sized ones As fa as i am, up the Georges or how far up good sized ones are?

Any and all simple answers welcome even if it's only a personal experience....

Cheers in advance guys...

Mick.

I have only caught small whiting at kelso park. The larger legal one i have caught are on the flats near the moons.

.....it's obviously the smarter tactic anyway haha.

......Anway moving on.... does anybody have any insight into how far whiting may travel up the Georges river?

Mick.

Hi Fisho for life.... Mick I think whiting are more of a clean living fish and are more affected than other estuary species by polluted silt in areas subject to large urban development in their upstream areas that feed into the main river before it dissipates into the wider sections that run into dead end bays where the water and salt content is replenished and probably the reason the lower and upper hacking fishes so well for whiting.... If you take a look at the Georges and compare the nature of the river in say the section that goes across Lugarno to Menai and the section that goes over to the mangroves between Revesby boat ramp and the gateway that leads into cattle duffers you'll notice it has an air about that looks more of a country river with typical national parks type greenery on both sides of it compared to the spread at Lugarno....

In saying country river, I drove into Revesby national park to see the gatekeeper the other week and to check on the boat ramp.. It was very early in the morning and just out from the mangroves on the other side in that peaceful little part of what you'd call a true river section, mullet were skipping all over the place being pursued by a big mass of tailor... I noticed a great disturbance behind all of that when a couple of school aged fishermen said the tailor were being attacked by would you believe salmon schools and that has been happenening in the early morning for a week or so now they said, and yet there's been a shortage of whiting up that way, whereas there are heaps of big and also little whiting being caught at the moment by the whiting fishermen who regularly fish off the walkway at Lugarno.....

If Jewdreamer is reading this, thanks Chris for popping down to Lugarno last night and bringing me and Little Jewgaffer a nice hot thermos of tea...

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

Thankyou very much for the time in your response Jewgaffer,

so it looks like it will have to be lugarno after all, i have been fishing all my life but only recently started to take it more seriously, so any information i get on questions i ask is a blessing, and yes i do uderstand what you mean about the river the very upper reaches of the Georges River appear to be a very industrialised version of the rivers former self.

Cheers, Mick! :)

Hey Jewgaffer,

Thanks for the Thanks...It was my pleasure!

Hey Mick, as Jewgaffer says, the Georges is a funny place!

Caught a 43cm Trev on a vx35 blade up there a couple of weeks ago.. What the hell it was doing all the way up there I don't know...

Anyway b best of luck on the whiting!

Thanks mate, i have actually been catching a lot of Trevors up at south west arm lately... i thought it was odd as well.i didn't know what it was, when i was fighting it because i was using waitless nippers for Bream and i knew if it was a bream it would have to be on steroids!!

Thanks for the advice guys cheers, mick :)