Can Anyone Help Me With This Location At Avoca

sam0216

Hi sam0216, I know this place, if you keep walking around the southern headland right around the point it cuts in to where your mate is fishing, tried there myself a couple of times for a big do-nut, but nice spot.

Hope you find him. silly question ... how did you get this photo if you dont know where he was ???

His photo where it was uploaded said avoca

btw is it good fishing spot?, and ive never been to avoca b4, hookmeup do u think in ur spare time u can google map it for me?

i have no idea where the southen healdand is.

thanks

Edited by sam0216

that would be bird sh#t island. walk around the rocks maybe 600m n there it is. Not a heap of fish in there, mainly pesty angel fish, but u get drummer, bream etc.

we used to jump in n swim across there as kids, n the rumours were that sharks used to breed in channel bit n try to get you, lol.

that would be bird sh#t island. walk around the rocks maybe 600m n there it is. Not a heap of fish in there, mainly pesty angel fish, but u get drummer, bream etc.

we used to jump in n swim across there as kids, n the rumours were that sharks used to breed in channel bit n try to get you, lol.

I use to do that too but that was 35 or more years ago. Known as 'THE GULF' pigs can be caught to the right side of the pic , other than that it is a reasonably safe place for kids to catch yakkas, little sweep and other little things, no swell ofcourse..

haha, thats too funny. Right of passage jumping in there, jumping of muggs, doing the washing machine (before too many people did it n killed all the weed).

I used to live on 22 acres in avoca, up townsend avenue (next to the bowlo). Good times.

I had a friend who had to get rescued by the westpac chopper where the photo was taken, jumped in when the swell was big n couldnt get out.