Long Reef Ramp

kiro

hey raiders,

would anyone know the address or street name where the long reef boat ramp is? i found it in the boat ramps section but the street name wasnt listed..

thanks heaps for your help..

kiro

hey raiders,

would anyone know the address or street name where the long reef boat ramp is? i found it in the boat ramps section but the street name wasnt listed..

thanks heaps for your help..

kiro

Just before the end of Anzac ave turn right as if you are going into the golf club.

Ramp is straight after the clubhouse, can't miss it.

Be careful & prepared. It is not your usual boatramp, and some local knowledge, gear and technique is required.

Thanks bud.. Appreciate the quick response.. Your last comment, about the local knowledge, gear and technique.. Would u mind elaborating a little bit..? Wat do u mean by gear and technique?? It's a tricky ramp to retrieve and load from I take it?

Thanks again brother.. Appreciate the pointers

kiro

Thanks bud.. Appreciate the quick response.. Your last comment, about the local knowledge, gear and technique.. Would u mind elaborating a little bit..? Wat do u mean by gear and technique?? It's a tricky ramp to retrieve and load from I take it?

Thanks again brother.. Appreciate the pointers

kiro

I've never launched a boat there - but I have caught many dive boats from the beach and watched the punters while I waited.

The ramp can be exposed to ocean swell, depending on the conditions. I've seen boats pounded into the ramp with the winy conditions and/or swell.

I have also seen locals use the beach as the retrieve point. Even for decent size boats. Basically use a 4WD and a tow rope to drag the boat up the beach out of harms way,, and then back the trailer down, disconnect and winch the trailer under the boat, hook up and off you go. Local knowledge & technique. The ramp is very exposed, so what you go out in will be likely different to what you come home to.

Thanks for the heads up fellas... would have been spewin going all the way there to find it closed...

Is there another boat ramp nearby? which ramp would be best to getting out to long reef?

Thanks again

Kiro