Reel For A Shimano Jigwrex Ax S605 (spin)

framedtrash

i have just bought the above rod which i plan on using for live baiting and jigging

rod is rated for PE5 max so i need a suitable reel

budget is around $300-400 with the strong aussie dolla importing a reel is a big option

any tips of a suitable reel

Cheers

Myself and a couple of mates have Saragossa 14000s with 80 and 50lb braid on 526, 508 Jig wrex's and they seem to be work well so far. I wanted the 18000 but they didn't have one in stock when i got my setup. I think the only difference betweent the 14000 and 18000 is a little bit of line capacity.

yeh ive had a look around and can get the Saragossa 14000 for only $100 more then the Spheros

but once i get around to upgrading the drag and the handle on the spheros im sure its going to be a simular price to the saragossa

think im just gonna save my pennys and go with the saragossa and just spool it up with 80lb braid

how much line did you fit onto the reel

The saragossa would be a good option, have a look at some daiwa reels as well, the Catalina 4500 or 6500, great reels and can be gotten considerably cheaper from the states.

Josh

cheers for the advice

i had a look at some US stores and i can save about $200 by importing a Catalina

but it still ends up being more then i wanted to spend

i think im going to go with the saragossa

how much 80lb braid would fit on a Saragossa 14000??

and does any one no if i purchase the reel from the states is the warranty valid here ?

cheers

Edited by Framedtrash

how much 80lb braid would fit on a Saragossa 14000??

and does any one no if i purchase the reel from the states is the warranty valid here ?

cheers

My mate filled my 14000 and his off his bulk spool of 80lb whiplash and reckons they took about 300m each with just a few wraps of mono underneath to so the line doesn't slip on the spool.

You could try contacting the companies ie shimano and a daiwa rep, that import/service the reels in aus and ask them if they will warranty the imported reels.

what about the Daiwa Saltist 6500

Saltist® Features:

* Rugged, all-metal construction

* Fast 6.2 to 1 gear ratio retrieves up to 53 inches of line with every crank!

* Five CRBB corrosion resistant ball bearings

* Digigear™ digitally designed and machined gearing, ultra-strong and ultra smooth

* Tubular stainless Air Bail

* Sealed, waterproof drag

* Rotor brake keeps bail in convenient position when opened

* Dual, full-time anti-reverse

* Reliable manual bail trip

* Machined aluminum handle

* Twist Buster®

* 30kg of drag

PE. 6/400m, 8/300m

Edited by Framedtrash