Snelling Hooks

slayer666

They sit nicer on a turned back eye like an Octopus hook which is what i use on my jewie rigs but they also work on straight hooks like livebait hooks as i use in my Kingie rigs. I use the straight livebait hooks for kings so the bait doesn't spin when downrigging.

I always push the mainline line through the eye from the hook point side when threading on the livebait hooks so when it slides down to the bottom hook the twisting pressure doesn't turn the hook backwards. I also put a lumo bead between the 2 livebait hooks on a 2 hook slider rig so the top hook doesn't crush or wear the uni knot on my bottom hook. I also use lighter line (say 40lb on a 60lb leader or 60lb on an 80lb leader) to tie the slider on so that if one of the lines is going to burn through it is hopefully going to be the slider line. i have had those slider knots burn the line and cut the bottom hook off before when hooking kings and its a hard fast take yet i continue to use sliders because i like being able to adjust the gap between my hooks for better presentation. some guys use a little piece of rubber or plastic tubing as a sleeve to protect the leader from this burning cutting problem im talking about.

Good Luck

Edited by Captain Spanner