Spooling New Stradic

diver1

is there a trick to knowing how much backing line to put on when spooling backing line on b4 the braid? or do you just guess like i always have been? i read somewere about useing the spair spool and putting braid on 1st then backing and then just reversing this back onto the other spool, which is a gr8 idea and would get it perfect except my stradic spool wont fit on any of my other reels to allow me to wind it back on.

Hi Diver

just spool the brai straight onto your spare spoll and top up with the required mono backing (mono bacbing is a must have or your braid will slip, just a few winds will do) once this is done, you can get a mate misses to hold onto the spool and wind the line onto the spool you intend to use, but make sure you keep some nice tension ont the braid with your finger as you wind it onto your spool.

Cheers,

SZ1

yer, got 2 spools can i just sit 1 on the ground and wind it back onto the other 1?

Yeah no probs, you put the tension on by holding the line between your fingers as you wind, I use a small square of wet material to stop the line overheating and burning the crikey out of your digits..