The Bass Are On !

Bream Mad

Heard some cicadas on Friday night and thought to myself finally the Bass must be on.

Hit my local at dawn on Sunday, tied on a fresh buggi pop and whammo, first cast a small feisty Bass just smacks it! :thumbup:

Next three cast’s eager bass swim out from everywhere to nail my lure like they have not eaten all winter.

Size increases with casting accuracy and by 6am I have my first 30+ model.

As I move up the river every nook and cranny yields more beautiful native Bass, and although they are ignoring my divers, the buggi pop keeps on producing those wonderful audible surface strikes.

I get to a favourite pool that has in the past produced three 40+cm fish and start prospecting with a brown chubby.

As the lure gets towards the bank it is hit that hard my 4kg leader snaps on impact :1yikes:

Almost time to leave but one last cast at the home pool.

Back with the buggi pop and a classic cast behind the tree produces a sloppy strike, then two more before the hooks stick and my drag now realy starts to groan.

She powers to the safety of her underwater log, but the leader holds and I manage to extract her briefly before she powers under the other one.

Now she is tied and I get her head up and lift a precious wild Bass of 44cm from the water for a pic or too.

It does not get any better than this :yahoo:

post-2475-1257152009_thumb.jpg

great story.

Where's your "local" ?

it is definitely within the hornsby shire :074:

You're a bloody bass magnet, Kael! :biggrin2: Another beaut bass, mate. I'm looking forward to an influx of bass reports from you in the coming months. :thumbup:

Cheers

Ian

I will try to keep them coming cheers mate

still keen to meet up with you at the south coast 'megabass dam' over summer

yah getting many bream and whiting off the surface yet?

kael

it is definitely within the hornsby shire :074:

I will try to keep them coming cheers mate

still keen to meet up with you at the south coast 'megabass dam' over summer

yah getting many bream and whiting off the surface yet?

kael

Hi Kael,

Nice one mate. Is this the same spot you were hitting them with your flyrod a (long!) while ago? I might have to get exploring this summer now I'm back!

Sincerely,

Rich.

Edited by Reece