Syd Harbour 11/11

Josh88

Hey guys,

Living up life after hsc, fished the harbour today with a couple of mates, things started great we got some nice small yakkas easily and had a few kings crusing around where we caught our yakkas, then got some nice squid quickly and as we were about to go after some more squid the kings pop up, quite shy and sporadic though and we didnt get a good shot at them.

Saw birds in the distance and found a really tightly packed bunch of good salmon, got follows on stickbaits initally but they wouldn't touch a single thing for over an hour and a half, moved over to another school of tailor and they were a bit easier and we got a few in, big ones about 55cm but im not a fan so back in the drink. Even the tailor were rejecting our lures which made things frustrating.

Went and set some baits for kings, had a school of what i think was tailor pop up next to the boat at anchor and harrassed the yakka but didnt touch any baits. Tried a few more spots to no avail, then saw the salmon pop back up and chased them for a few hours and pulled in half a dozen or so good salmon, they were only around 60cm but boy were they thick and strong, these were 6lb fish and they gave us the run around. Hook ups were infrequent and we got a ridiculous amount of follows but just couldnt tempt them to have that last dig at it no matter what we tried.

Threw a live yakka out amongst them and of all things we get an octopus...... :tease: my mate was happy to take him home so i let him deal with it.

All up it was a great day on the water, great weather, stacks of fish around but boy are they fussy.

Heres my mate with a few of the sambos: The pics seriously do not do these fish justice, they were the thickest salmon ive ever seen.

post-6719-1257939870_thumb.jpg post-6719-1257939897_thumb.jpg

Cheers

Josh

Edited by Josh88

Sounds like a good day.

Gotta be better than work.... enjoy it , you will have to work for a living soon :074::074:

dave

Not too soon though Josh, i finished 5 years ago and still have another 2 years to go at uni and the holidays are better than at school! Plenty of time mate keep fishing!!

Awesome day to be out there and it must be a nice feeling that all your exams are done.

Those surface feeders are so bloody frustrating sometimes but then others eat anything you throw at them, go figure??

I think ya best bet might be to chase slimmies for your lives, they seem to be the first thing eaten outside every time and the bigger the better!

G

Edited by GregL

Awesome day to be out there and it must be a nice feeling that all your exams are done.

Those surface feeders are so bloody frustrating sometimes but then others eat anything you throw at them, go figure??

I think ya best bet might be to chase slimmies for your lives, they seem to be the first thing eaten outside every time and the bigger the better!

G

They were pretty frustrating, the amount of follows from the salmon then they would shy away at the last second, it was crazy, fussy tailor as well...never thought i'd see the day.

Are there any slimies in the harbour atm Greg?

Cheers

Josh