Shimano Saragosa.

Ray R

yeh Ray will handle them no problem

i recently purchased one and trust me when i say i did some research into them

read alot of US jigging/popping forums where they use them on fin and other massive fish

18000 come with 20kg of drag what more can you ask for

im in the process of upgrading the handle to a Jigging Master T-bar handle would should help out when jigging for extended peroids of time

great reel

DogTooth uses them and has no problems turning the heads on those big hoodies he always seems to get into

heres a pic of the handle upgrade

copyofjmhandle019.jpg

Edited by Framedtrash

Myself and my mates have 14000s on a range of rods: Jig Wrex 526 and 508 and T-curve Deep jig 400 and 500. I have a 526 and my other favourite was the 400. Most of us fish 80lb braid but one fishes 50lb and another 130lb with the strength to back it. All 5 of us went on a trip out of shoalhaven a couple of months ago and we caught about 20 kings between 4 and 6kg in a few hours jigging in over 100m of water and everyone loved their setups and had no problems with any of the rods or reels. They were comfortable enough to jig with for the 5 odd hours we jigged that day and the speed,power and gearing of the reels were great. I took mine to fiji and the drag had no probs with dollies and wahoo up to about 8kg (that's all we caught). I now use mine for downrigging and trolling livies in Sydney and it does that job well too.

I would recommend one. I would have got an 18000 if they had them available when i bought mine but. Same reel as the 14000 but it has a little more line capacity. If you follow back Framedtrash's posts when he was doing his research there should be a few other guys opinions in there too.

http://fishraider.com.au/Invision/index.php?showtopic=44166

http://fishraider.com.au/Invision/index.php?showtopic=44439

Good Luck.

Thanks chaps, Saragosa 18000 with 50lb briad of some sort it is then.. Thanks for your help..

Hi Ray , All my Kingfish caught have been using a Saragoosa 1800 f , would put 80lb braid just to give yourself a bit of insurance around structure.

Cheers Dogtooth..... :1fishing1: John... :beersmile: