Near The Airport

Dhutchy

Hey Raiders, I'm from over north and I am taking the kids and cousins for a joy ride near Sydney airport. What would be the best ramp, in terms of plenty of room, proximity to airport, not too much of theft risk...

The kids all want to see the jets come in.

Rgds

Dhutchy

its not just about catching fish, but it helps.

That would be the Cooks river ramp at Mutch Ave and you will have few problems there :biggrin2:

Cheers Stewy

Thanks very much Swordfisherman. You have helped me have less worry on the day, which will help ensure a good day out with the kids.

Cheers mate.

Dhutchy

The new one is pretty good, me amd my mate Ash launched from there a few weeks ago and hod no problems.

*Good parking

*Dual lane ramp

*good wharf to tie up to while ya waiting.

Good luck!

Hey Stewie, Jewiehaven, Pietro, Lumpookey thanks for your tips, and sorry for the late report.

Yesterday we took the kids out from the ramp that Stewie suggested, this was after two of our life jackets decided to jump ship. So somewhere on General Homes Drive there are two PFD1 jackets on the run, a kid's spare one and the :wife: new one.

Anyway we got on the water no sweat, went out and braved the wind and the chop off the runway, but with the 5m Quinnie pitching and tossing, we went back up the river, and parked directly under the the last gasp to one of the runways. I have never seen my 3.5 year old Dyl get so excited and so emphatically say coooooooooooooooool as when the big Virgin Blue went over us.

After watching jets land, we came back to the ramp in time to tow back a chap who had decided to launch his mate's boat without checking the petrol first. All in all a good joy ride had by all, so I just wanted to report back to you generous raiders and provide the news and thank you again for helping make my kid's day.

I should also tell ya that while we had no rods out at all because we were joy riding, at the back of the ramp, a bloke had caught 15 fair sized trevally off the third runway.

We will be back.

Rgds

Dhutchy

Its not just about catching fish, but it helps