Hawkesburry River Moorings

locodave

Hi locodave...You should be able to get a list of public moorings from the maritime.... I tied off on a convenient mooring before only to be asked to move by what appeared to be the whole cast of world championship wrestling who swore blind they own the particular mooring and it might have been the case too...

Anyway there's an alternative, there's a couple of isolated yellow moorings on the outside of the row of moorings at wobby... there's seventy feet of water, a fast current and a long stillwater period, music coming from the houses, what more would you want. there's every possible comfort and an emphasis on catfish....

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

Yea im talking about the ones that have the 24 hour limit on them, i don't think they let vesels over 14 metres use them, I just fit in :P (im a 4.1m boat)

I think they belong to Mount Ku ring gai, thats what they say on them. I think they are for anyone to use?

So these aren't the yellow swing moorings like I've got at Taylors Point??

I pay $380 a year to have ours ther and own the concrete block and the fitings.

Are there ones for general use??

Dave

Mate your getting ripped off :P

No thats different, that is your mooring, the ones I'm tlaking about are on a 24 hour limit, im pretty sure anyone can use them.

My oldies go and stay at a place on bar point a few times a year.

Out Infront of the house just down river a bit there is a yellow mooring. The guy there told my old man it was his and my old man was free to tie up to it anytime he wasn't using it...

Edited by Chucky1